Catch 22?

by rvalich 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pontoon
    pontoon

Yes, pretty incrediable how bacteria is able to become resistant to antibiotics.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Scooby-Doo prey that smelled much better than Adam, a natural fear of man, Jeh, a big stick, angels, Adams superior intelligence and perfect senses (he could hear and smell stinky old bear coming for him), run fast, climb trees, I don't know, all of the above.

• tec
    tec

Why does it have to be evolution OR creation? Why not both. The way that life evolves/grows/changes is the same way that God designed it to. If evolution is scientifically sound (putting on hold all the things we haven't discovered or have misunderstood so far), then that is the means God used. Life can be beautiful, but it is the spirit that matters more than the flesh.

The garden of eden, imo, is a spiritual place.

Tammy

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

"Why does it have to be evolution OR creation? Why not both."

I love that idea. I remember saying the exact same thing in study and being shot down straight away.

"prey that smelled much better than Adam, a natural fear of man, Jeh, a big stick, angels, Adams superior intelligence and perfect senses (he could hear and smell stinky old bear coming for him), run fast, climb trees, I don't know, all of the above."

So this is what would be considered paradise?

Living in a pretty garden where you have to be on edge all the time to avoid being eaten. That sounds like any jungle on Earth today...

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

My personal favorite argument from nature is that homosexuality is natural and created by Godâ„¢ based on the species of lesbian lizards. My mom's reaction when I mentioned them to her is "that's why they're called beasts".

• rvalich
    rvalich

Lols at Sir82, I love that. Also about Tec's comment, I believe both to be true. I'm a believer in creation through evolution, and that heaven and hell are spiritual places within the mind. I just thought this whole idea was funny because it seems to me my still JW friends ignore the reality in front of them. He said that weed and psychadellics and cocaine won't exist in the New System because God will just zap anyone who tries to use them. As if they were created by humans, as if God sits around all day comsumed with people doing drugs He created. It's all so illogical, and what is more, dangerous because their minds are replacing reality with some messed up version. Sure we do things to intensify the drugs, but alcohol is a natural function, so are psychadellic mushrooms and all those things. How can we be held responsible for things we didn't even make? Psh, it never stops amazing me.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Scooby-Doo What kept the lions from eating Adam was he wasnt human like you know. We were angels in physical bodies. In controll of the elements and earth. Jesus could heal wounds and controll storms. Walk on water. I suspect we had more power too.

Hell if crocodile dundee could do it why not! LOL!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Hell if crocodile dundee could do it why not! LOL!

Jesus said, "That's not a knife...."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit