Catch 22?

by rvalich 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rvalich
    rvalich

Logical problem with JW/Christians:

Snakes/scorpions have venom, poison constructed for the purpose of killing. Violence in nature, death. If God didn’t design these things this way, then they EVOLVED when sin came in? So then you believe in evolution and not creation? Or do you believe that God designed these things to kill each other? Is that a logical check mate?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Maybe sin caused an "allergic reaction" to venom making it poisonous??

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Death was always part of the animal kingdom. How could you tell someone if they ate the fruit they would die and it mean anything unless they knew death. Where did they get the animal skins when they were naked?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

DING DING DING! independant thought alarm!

i used to always wonder about this and then later actually read origin of the species and other evolutionary theory stuff and it started to make sense. But looking back I do remember wondering about why mosquitos feed on blood, why poison dart frogs have lethal toxin and other "miracles of creation" and being told....... wait for it......

..... that we will have to ask Jehovah in the new system!

• pontoon
    pontoon

Rvalich, absolutely correct! I've said in other posts that if you believe creation it was Jehovah that created 'violence.' The natural creation around us is more violent than a war zone. It's the food chain, and even a animal at the top of the food chain survives only as long as they stay strong, then they are killed or starve. I never believed when I was 'in' that in the paradise predator and prey would live in peace. For that to happen the whole animal creation would have to be redesigned. Jeh designed it all, and don't forget all the scraficial blood spilled to please Jeh.

• sir82
    sir82

The venom is there to tranquilize the trauma that coconuts feel when snakes use their fangs to crack them open.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

hey pontoon, you got me thinking about something......

there are horrific types of bacteria and viruses that are absolutely devastating to other life. Now I wonder what a JW would tell you if you asked where say, ebola or the dangerous forms of Staph bacteria, they would answer one of two responses...

1) that Jehovah creates everything for a purpose and we will just have to wait until the new system to understand

2) because man is ruining the earth, this is causing deadly bacteria and viruses to spring up.

the problem is that the first response is just completely ignorant and devoid of any thought, and the second response actually proves evolution since it's basically admitting that once-harmless forms of bacteria and viruses suddenly become outbreak-deadly because of adapting to environmental conditions.

p.s. I'm aware that viruses are not entirely considered a true lifeform, but still they are pretty incredible in how they "operate".

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

The venom is there to tranquilize the trauma that coconuts feel when snakes use their fangs to crack them open.

there's now coffee all over my desk.

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

Logically and scientifically speaking... that makes perfect sense, rvalich. But the JWs don't see it that way, the only answer you'll get is the old "Just because an animal has venom, doesn't mean they originally had a violent nature".

Another similar argument is the structure of the teeth of animals that are carnivores.

I mean look at this:

Can anybody really say that that animal was 'designed' to eat veggies?

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

If the garden of Eden had a food chain, then what would have stopped the lions, tigers, bears etc. from having Adam for lunch?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit