Just wanted to say hello

by WhatWasIThinking 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Welcome, Congratulations on your exit.

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. skeeter, I went to Thailand with my father (his home country) and saw enough Buddhist temples to last a lifetime. They are everywhere just like gas stations or drug stores here. The size varies widely and they are all beautiful. I don't know where you are but if you get the chance I recommend you go.

• clarity
    clarity

Just want to say, welcome WWIT!

Good for you to realize what was going on, so soon. Don't feel bad about the 4 years you spent, put it down to a learning experience!

Many older ones who were jw's for 45 years or more aren't so lucky. For them to escape the cult is almost impossible. We have many posting here, including mysef, who are the impossibilities!!

I feel sad listening to your story, it seems like this organization 'breeds' a lonelyness, that is almost like a mold ... just covers everything. We are told that we are soooooooo happy ... I only wish that were true.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

clarity

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome aboard!
    I also want to congratulate you on figuring it out - and GETTING OUT.

It is truly encouraging to learn of so many people who are waking up and leaving this silly group!

Peace to you!

The Oracle

• Reality79
    Reality79

A huge welcome WWIT! Interestingly enough, just today I got rid of the publications that were taking up space in our home. To call it trash would be an insult to trash! I'm glad you got rid of that worthless stuff too and took other steps to ensure there's no trace of the cult in your life.

I can relate to your post because the main reason why I left wasn't even so much their warped and contradictory teachings (although I did my research on them afterwards), it was mainly because of the lack of love. In fact, I know someone who went through the same things you did not too long after he got baptised and you wouldn't believe the way they've mistreated this poor guy. You couldn't meet a nicer, soft spoken person and they totally destroyed him mentally and emotionally.

Some will disagree, but I believe for the most part JWs are simply not nice people. If you're not in their little cliques and social circles you don't exist as far as they are concerned.....and forget telling the elders, because as you and I have both experienced, they will simply throw it back in your face and blame you - then they will throw out the oh so typical "imperfection" excuse to justify people's unkind attitudes and behaviour. Plus you will hear and read many experiences of people who became inactive and they never got so much as one phone call to find out how they are. As far as the JWs are concerned, we were probably "sifted out" anyway.

This is how JWs behave and that's why the more people who leave and expose them for what they really are, the merrier. What they portray in their little magazines with everyone hugging and kissing in la la land is NOT the reality!

I remember all too well the pain and embarassment of being stood up just because they couldn't be bothered, then later on you'd hear they went somewhere else instead. I have absolutely no time for these people and I loathe them deeply. They're a nasty piece of work.

Sometimes I just pray that one day there will be a major campaign or event that will put that group out of its misery once and for all.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN! What an ass backwards reason for thinkng that someone with tatoos is bad association.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Jamie Bowers said Welcome to JWN! What an ass backwards reason for thinkng that someone with tatoos is bad association.

My df'd friend is currently shunning me. He is working to get reinstated. He started going to the meetings in July of last year. He has been df'd for more than few years. He had tattoos on his body while he is df'd. One on his back looks very bad for the witnesses to look at. I just do not remember if he has visible tattoos in the summer time with his shirt on. If he has shirt off in the company of the witnesses, I wonder how the witnesses would react to his tattoo on his back, Maybe they will shun him after he gets reinstated because of that. It would be very interesting if he would be talking to me again. P.S. I now remember that he has tattoos on his arm after his ex girlfriend's name and his daughter's name. I think.

By the way, WWIT, Welcome to the board!

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Welcome

NLW's wife

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and a big welcome to the forum...enjoyed your first post.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit