Does the WTBTS purposely distort the number of anointed remaining?

by lifeisgood 28 Replies latest jw friends

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

I am trying to prove or disprove a statement that I read today. I read a statement by someone that I trust that the WTBTS purposely distorts the number of anointed left alive in their reports.

I used to be a Jehovah's Witness. I know all of their teachings very well. And all their history.

I thought about this idea that they make up this number of anointed left alive a lot. When I was younger I traveled a lot and I moved a lot partly due to the work that my father did, and partly due to the kind of work that I do when I turned 17. I was a lay preacher when I was very young and the JWs liked getting mileage out of the fact that I became a Witness, so I traveled a lot when I was first baptized.

Anyway, I have been to at least 100 Kingdom Halls, and in my 22 years of being a JW I met TWO JWs who claimed to be of the anointed.

I think that the JWs claimed that they had around 10,000 anointed at the time.

I was also always involved in the assemblies in some manner, so I knew a lot of JWs. And of all the JWs that I have ever met, I only met two who claimed to be anointed.

I find this hard to believe. Where are they all?

Do you believe this idea? If so, do you have any real reason to believe it? Right now I am just going on a hunch.

I remember several years ago, a few of the governing body were too old to continue doing any real work and they needed some youngbloods to come and do real work. And low and behold a few new slots opened up for new anointed people. And one of these new people was very young. I found this hard to believe. So, someone in their late 70s or late 80s, who had looked forward to going to heaven all their life and who had God's spirit just suddenly committed apostasy so God decides to replace them as an anointed one and instead of giving the spot to a faithful JW who had been around for fifty years, gives the spot to this young real estate genius in New York city? Huh? yes, this man who was baptized, and then started partaking right away, was some kind of real estate broker/trader/genius and he bought and sold property for the WTBT society, and made them many hundreds of millions of dollars. I'm sure that you have read about all these brilliant real estate deals that the society has engaged in. And they wanted us to think that the senile governing body members that they talk about did all of this? Yeah, right.

Anyway, I think that the society just makes these stories up and makes up the number of "anointed" who "partake".

In the 22 years that I was a Witness I saw two people partake.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi lifeisgood.

Welcome to the forum.

The last 'annointed' I met was very nice, but she was a complete fruit loop. I didn't find out she was 'annointed' until after her visit.

What makes you think any of them are truly selected from the whole of mankind to get whisked away to the Pleiades?

Cheers

Chris

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Honestly, I would pay large sums of cold, hard cash to find out the real number of remaining "anointed."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No I believe the number of partakers is probably accurate or underreported. The increasing number of anointed is a source of embarrassment for the Watchotwer leadership who have long predicted a decline in the number of anointed leading up to Armageddon. So much so that they have written articles practially discouraging people from partaking and calling into question the authenticity of younger ones who partake. I have heard that local elders do not count partakers if they are not members of the congregation in good standing. So there are surely more who partake than who make it into the official total, including visitors, mentally imbalanced Witnesses, or apostates, disgruntled or Witnesses otherwise judged to be wayward and therefore not 'genuine' anointed. I only ever knew one 'anointed' Witness who was baptised before 1935 (as per the old cut off) and he died over ten years ago, but I have met three other 'young anointed'. It seems there will always be a supply of younger ones who feel the urge to gulp that privilege down.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Slim: I love how they judge who is truly anointed, when the Bible clearly specifies it is only God that can truly know who are his children or not. Again, the whole speaking for God thing always gets 'em.

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, they do and they distort the number of the F&DS- there isn't even the number ONE to count for them.

• stapler99
    stapler99

I believe that partakers from outside the congregation are counted, and someone would only not be counted if they were disfellowshipped. I have no way to prove this however; it is just a pale memory of what I have seen in the Watchtower publications.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

According to the latest guidelines, the local elders have to talk to the person and assess whether they are truly an anointed one. They cannot judge however (as then they would have the power to judge the *upper class* owners of the WTBTS and visiting *overlords* Bethel speakers) but the person needs to have a basic understanding of what the symbols entail, then they can be counted and reported to the WTBTS.

There is an ever-increasing number (11,000+ last year) which is why they had to alter their stance on 1935 recently, most old-style anointed should be dead by now. I'm just waiting to see what happens when the numbers start reaching epic proportions (30,000+ or 144,000+) which should be within the decade if it continues like this.

• clarity
    clarity

Lifeisgood, first of all welcome!

It's pretty much a given that the the wtbs purposely distorts the number of most things ... so why would this be a surprise? And why would you care at this point? The diminishing # of 'annointeds' was one of the absolute ways we knew armageddon would be here any minute! Since 1935 got flushed down the toilet ... well now what are they thinking?

For the record, in over 45 years I v'e met only about 4 annointed(so called) !

clarity

• simon17
    simon17

Why would you suggest they are altering the #s of annointed when the #s are doing precisely the opposite to what they are supposed to be doing and opposite what you claim you are observing?

I'm going to go ahead and say the increasing #s are accurate and have been a cause for much perplexing at WT HQ lately

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit