The Secret---And Becoming a Millionaire

by titch 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• titch
    titch

Greetings to All: Several months ago, I started a thread concerning the book "The Secret", by Rhonda Byrne. I wanted to get comments from folks on the board about their own personal experiences that they might have had after reading this book. But, I'd like to start this thread, regarding an aspect of the book. Among SEVERAL authors and "authorities" who are quoted in The Secret is a person by the name of Loral Langemeier. Loral Langemeier is the founder of an organization called "Live Out Loud", and is the author of several books, including "The Millionaire Maker." Apparently, according to the book, she has assisted many people to become millionaires. That is, if you buy her books, apply the principles and concepts that are presented in her book, and start a business in the way that she says you should start a business. So, with that in mind, I'd like to ask anyone and everyone here: Has anyone, ANYONE, bought any of Loral Langemeier's books, read them, applied the principles that they learned in her books, started a business of their own, and eventually become a milliionaire? I'd really like to know. What has been YOUR experience?

Now then, My own personal take on Loral: Well, I've done some research on the Internet, and just about everything that I've seen---comments from people who have dealt with her Live Out Loud organization, have been, for the most part---negative. Apparently, if you hear one of her radio infomercials, or attend one of her seminars, the only way that you can buy her books, or CDs, is to pay for them with a credit card. But---here's the catch---once you give her organization your credit card number---BEWARE---WATCH OUT! Once they have your credit card number, they will start putting all kinds of charges on that card, for things that you didn't order, things that you DON'T want or need, and it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get those charges taken off! You really have to fight with her LOL organization to get those credit charges removed from your card. And, if, after reading one of her books, you find that it doesn't fit your needs and try to return it---they won't accept it back. You're stuck with the book and the charges to pay for it. It seems to me, that Loral Langemeier is raking in her "millions" by scamming people and ripping people off.

So, any comments from anyone? Been successful in becoming a millionaire by reading and applying Loral Langemeir's concepts? Thanks for any and all comments.

Titch.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

I can't believe in a philosophy that states if you want something so badly and do everything in your power to get it, it will be granted you.

Try telling that to a starving baby in Africa.

The Secret; works wonders in the Western world, but not so much in 3rd world lands...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Report your experience to the Federal Trade Commission.

They have been interested in similar types in the past, such as Kevin Trudeau.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2000/03/rich.shtm

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1997/11/intlsurf.shtm

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I agree with God Delusion.

It's simply another middle-class Western new-age concept.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Sounds like a cult.

My girlfriend is reading this book. She bought it for $2 at the Goodwill store. She's into it. I'll read it after her, but I think it's a cult or a scam.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

God delusion is right, it only works in wealthy advantaged countries.

But its a nice, feel good idea, and it is always a good idea to think postive, and only surround yourself with positive people that can help you achieve your goal. Whats so secret about that?

BTW Dale Carnegie tought the same stuff back in the 1920's. "the secret" people simple repackaged the same principals in an overpriced, sensational and mystical way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know one thing--if silver tops $6,000 per ounce like they are threatening, I will become a millionaire. You will also see small children being millionaires (and billionaires, etc.) if hyperinflation renders the toilet paper dollar worthless.

It's more about what it will buy. If silver gets to be worth $6,000 in pre-QE2 dollars, that will be significant. But, if it's because the dollar becomes toilet paper, it will not be.

• Terry
    Terry

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of people who want something for nothing.

Faith and Prayer are variations on THE SECRET.

Think about it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The secret is that a lot of people want drama in their lives. They don't want smooth sailing. They get what they subconsciously want. If someone can continuously focus on getting rich, both consciously and subconsciously, they probably will. If they survive, even starving babies from africa have the opportunity, these days, to go where they can grow up to be rich, if they want.

This fiaso shows that a lot of people want to be led along, want dreams fed to them.

S

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

The only get-rich-quick scheme that works is the one where you sell a get-rich-quick scheme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit