Can I Say Anything Positive about JW's to the Wife?

by punkofnice 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

You could tell her that you are encouraged by the fact that new releases are being kept to only 192 pages and the rags, er mags, to 32 pages. Some of the brochures are even fewer pages, and that is GREAT, because the planet is losing trees like there is no tomorrow...oh wait, is there a tomorrow? Maybe not, if Armageddon arrives on schedule...

At the very least, you're immensely pleased that the WT is joining the rest of the planet in caring for the environment. Also, the dropping of one meeting through the week shows they are committed to saving this doomed planet(?) by collectively saving tons of gasoline (worldwide that is) and heating fuel/oil as well in those countries where KHs have to be heated for parts of the year. Very positive steps!

Hopefully she sees the irony in this, because there was supposed to be more "gathering of themselves together as the end draws near" but it seems that has gone the way of the dodo...

There have to be other 'positive things' you can focus on that underhandedly show up their doublespeak. I can't come up with any more right now but am thinking...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

You could tell her how you can appreciate the contribution the WTB&TS, Inc. has made to defining religious freedom in the United States.

How nice it is that JW's add to the economy by having regular coffee breaks at McDonalds, Krispy Kreme, Tim Hortons ... etc.

How nice it is that the religion was willing to sacrifice its adherents for the sake of the study of bloodless medicine.

• chase
    chase

i heard a great quote... religion is like a penis. it is ok to have one and be proud of it. just dont go whiping it out in public and dont go forcing it down kids thoats.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I couldn`t think of a dam thing..

OTWO pulled a Rabbit out of a hat..LOL!!..

He comes up with some good "Don`t piss your wife off" stuff..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• pirata
    pirata

Do you have a dog? Don't talk to the hand, talk to the dog.

*** w00 1/15 pp. 18-19 par. 17 “Desirable Things” Are Filling Jehovah’s House ***

17 In El Salvador, one man tied his vicious dog in front of the door whenever he saw Jehovah’s Witnesses nearby. The man would wait for the Witnesses to move on, and then he would bring the dog back into the house. The brothers were never able to speak to the man. So one day they decided to try a different approach. Knowing that the man could hear what they were saying, they decided to preach to the dog. They came to the house, greeted the dog, and said how glad they were for the opportunity to speak to it. They talked about the time when there would be a paradise on earth, when no one would be angry—yes, when even the animals would be peaceable. Then they said a polite good-bye to the dog and started down the path. Much to their surprise, the man came out of his house and apologized for never having given the Witnesses the opportunity to speak to him. He accepted the magazines, and a Bible study was started. This man is now our brother—one of the “desirable things”!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ooooh, I am GOOD at this, having a dry wit and a willing JW husband.

I can sincerely say that I like some of the witnesses at the Kingdom hall, especially the widows, neglected, misfits and rebels. I've complimented this or that brother's show of independence or individualism. I've often asked hubby to invite one of these to dinner. For some reason, the invitation fizzles (I suspect he hasn't dared ask).

He of course, wants to give some morsel to the brothers and sisters after the memorial. When he asked how I liked it, this last time I told him "It was very much like the last one." Moaniing, he begged for more. I replied, "The flower arrangement was very nice."

I have also used to good effect, the knowing stare and "Do you REALLY want to know?" The JW backed down quickly when I used this. Because, deep down, they KNOW there are problems. They want the FLUFF answer, not a sincere answer. Your wife is simply bouncing off her own insecurity on you. You're just a handy target for her doubts, so she doesn't have to sincerely search out her own heart.

So you can give ridiculously fluff answers or dare her to hear the truth. Both should make her back off.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

they preach about marital dues

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit