Menlo Park Kingdom Hall 3

by Juan Viejo2 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I've only read about a dozen pages of this (Starting with the Watchtower Take Over Scheme on page 30) and it seems like a load of BS.

Now, I'm not saying it actually is BS, but it just seems so outlandish and over-the-top that were I a jury member, I would have a hard time believing most of these claims. The Watchtower Society has "carefully placed confederates" working for them @ Wells Fargo Bank? Come on...even for them that seems like a stretch. I could see if there had conveniently been a brother who worked at the bank that could aid in the crooked transfer of the accounts/money, but the papers don't seem to say that there is a Jehovah's Witness working at this Wells Fargo Bank.

I'm going to keep reading and keep an eye on this. I hope this gets media attention, as well, if the "facts presented" are indeed true.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Racism is alive and well at the higher levels of the organization. I wonder if Samuel Herd left like Ray Franz did and wrote a book how many black members the Borg would lose. That would be awesome, actually. Is there anyone left at CO level or above with a conscience? I wonder.

That would be interesting indeed. I know Samuel Herd HAS to feel awkward at times being the token black member, either that or in severe denial. I know of a white brother who used to work for a white family of JWs. This family has multiple elders and servants in their operation. The brother had a falling out with them, and told me how they used to do racial jokes on the job when there was no blacks around. I know this brother, and I know he wouldn't make a story up, but its funny how everytime I see members of that family, and I shake their hands, and hug them, and its always lingering in the back of my mind if I ever was the butt of their jokes or even a minor hostility of sorts.

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

This may seem far fetched, but it is not. This scandal is as much about the bank accounts as it is about the hall. I know for a fact that Mathew Contrearas, (son of Luis Contrearas, one of the defendants) Works at the Chase bank where the secret bank account was opened.

There was a news story not long ago on KGO about the drug loards laundering money through the big banks. The deal works like this: Supply=U.S. dollars (From the drug cartell) Demand= U.S. dollars for comoditys trading. To change foren curency into U.S. dollars (for comoditys trading) The charge could be as much as 20%. Answer go to the U.S. bank, their rate is 10%. Where does the bank get U.S. Dollars? From the drug cartell and charge the drug loards 10% for laundering the money making a tidey 20% profit.

That is the story on KGO. The piece of the puzzel that is missing is this: How does the bank move all this money with out the scrutiny of the IRS? they would need bank accounts that are exempt from IRS scrutiny. Enter non-profit religious corporate bank accounts. When a congregation merges with another, what happens to it's bank accounts? These bank accounts are more valuable to the WTS then the KH. The sale of the KH is nothing more then gravy on mashed potatos, or iceing on the cake. It's really the bank accounts they are after.

I belive that the top of the piramid isn't the WTS at all. It's banking industry insiders in a cozy relationship with more religions then just the WTS.

All of this is speculation on my part except "the fact that Mathew Contrearas, (son of Luis Contrearas, one of the defendants) Works at the Chase bank where the secret bank account was opened." Everything in the court fileing on this case has documented proof. every alegation, and even things that on their face seem like speculation such as the bit about the tickes offered to Jason. The Brother who offered the tickets later complained to some one else about being used by Brede. He will be called as a hostile witness. (what irony)

In any case the Plantifs are not on some rampage. they have been forced to fight back at every turn. They are not hero's or villans. They are simply traveling down the only path presented to them. The Practices of the WTS and that slime ball Smith have forced their hand in every fileing and action.

I have sceen documents provided to the plantifs by defense att Smith that can prove that Contrearas commited Fraud in less then 30 seconds. Brede and Landurvel commited conspiricy to commit fraud. These charges are the easyest to prove, and the other charges can all be proved as well.

The only reason Brede et. al. are not yet in jail is because Jason Cobb is Black.

For the record, I'm not raceist, but I call it how I see it.

Good luck to you, and to the Menlo Park 2

D_F

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Devil_Fish,

Thanks for jumping in and adding some background info. I really hope the court lets the story be told and helps sort everything out. The truth, no matter whose side it supports, needs to be told.

JV

• snowbird
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Fascinating.

I read Mad Sweeney's blog. Wow.

• BroMac
    BroMac

this is the first i knew about the case being terminated. dissapointing.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

There are new developments on the Menlo Park case and a new article will be posted this weekend on Ex-JW.com.

Rebel8 - I now have copies of all federal court records on this case and the previous federal case. I'll try to keep up with any new filings and post those that I can that are significant on Ex-JW.com.

The case has taken a whole new turn, is now filed in a different court and different judge. I'm not sure if the plaintiffs will be any more successful in their new approach than they were in their first federal case or in state court.

Win or lose, they are being successful about getting the word out by using legal means. I'll continue to support their efforts as I can, but the former elders are really on their own trying to stand up to a powerful publishing company and their legal eagles.

I'll post a link to the newest article as soon as I get it online.

JV

• LV101
    LV101

Juan --- i'm assuming the elders have legal to represent them? Haven't read thread but will.

LV101

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

This is one of the most fascinating stories related to a "WT scandal" in years. I hope those former elders continue their fight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit