Should I contact the Society and tell them I want out?

by sinis 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

As of late I have been thinking about this. My sig other and I have successfully faded, and the last KH I attended (cards were moved to) was like 8+ years ago. I really do not care either way, however I have been asking myself as of late if I should. I know the gosip mill would run, and I only have one other family member in, who goes to a completely different hall. Is it worth it? I assume they will DA me right? Will they try to contact me? As far as I know, no one knows where I live or even who I am. Thoughts? Experience? Thanks!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I sincerely think that you can continue to get out all on your own - without any interference from the Society.

Especially since they have dropped you from the bus to the curb 8+ years ago.

My opinion is - let the sleeping dog lie.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

My thoughts, no experience, if you feel like you need to and you're okay with the consequences, do it. Don't expect a reply though.

• Ding
    Ding

If you have successfully faded, it sounds like you ARE out.

Why go back at all?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Just my personal opinion, I would not write the Scoeity and tell them out. Let them find you if they can.

• sinis
    sinis

Lately it bugs me that I am still associated with this group via baptism. I would like to sever the tie, a clean cut so to speak. I don't know, maybe its the mood I'm in today. If I did contact the society and provided a PO Box as the return address, would they try to contact me, or send elders that I probably would have no clue who they are or vice versa? Its kind of hard to explain, I know I'm out due to fading, but want to be "out" if you know what I mean...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They may very well try to bug you if you DA. Maybe not. I had a private unbaptism ceremony and that was enough closure for me.

Even DF'ed/DA'ed JW's are supposed to be visited. Why bring any attention to yourself? Since they don't allow an honorable way out, just be out by being out of their gunsights.

• sinis
    sinis

I had a private unbaptism ceremony

How does that work?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    How does that work?

You have to decide what you want to do. Here's my thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/133224/1/My-upcoming-UN-Dedication-Ceremony

I actually called it an undedication. I found that fire was a very important part of it. Kind of the opposite of water baptism.

From page 2 of that thread, here are the details:

...after dropping my wife at the prison Assembly Hall, ...[I went to a picnic area with built-in grills].

You all should try this, as it is very releasing.

The grill was full of wet leaves. I left them as I didn't want to start a wild fire. I just cleared the

center area and shredded a "Live Forever" book, a Watchtower, Awake, "Keep On the Watch"

brochure, and several DC invites. It was quite a pile of shreds.

I said out loud (nobody in earshot anyway) "It was 20 years ago this very month of April that

my life got sidetracked. I reached out to God for help, but a mind-contol cult snuck in and

took over. They led me to their altar and told me to dedicate myself to their organization.

They left out some information, so today I officially undedicate myself to the Watchtower

Organization."

"Right now, this very minute, my wife is attending a baptism talk at the local assembly hall.

The new recruits will undergo the same agony I went through for many years. It is fitting that

I choose this time to undedicate."

I had quite a problem lighting the fire, as the leaves were damp and the wind was bad, but I didn't

give up. Soon I had a large flame in the grill. That seemed appropriate. It's been hard to break

free from the WTS, but once I started on the way out, there was no stopping me, and I reached

the point of blazing mad, now hoping the flames will die down, so I can just move on.

As I stirred the paper with a stick, I said "Just as WT left out important information, I no longer

concern myself with the information I supply them. I am free to use deceptive methods to avoid

their witch hunts or withhold information. Since I was not fully informed about disfellowshipping

and false prophecies, my baptism was invalid. By my undedication, I renounce it."

After insuring the flames were completely out after the papers all burned, I left.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like the unbaptism idea. It's personal, it's individual, and is meaningful to you. Feel free to modify for your own use.

Writing a letter to the society, well....they are the only ones who care about such silliness. Why support their way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit