My cousin got engaged to a Canadian sister nineteen days of meeting each other.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My cousin went to Canada in February to meet a Witness sister who is scriptually divorced from her husband. They found that they liked each other enough to continue a relationship.. ( He lives in the United States) He went back to Canada 19 days later to ask her in marriage.(She said..... YES!)

Here is our conversation:

Cousin: Did you hear the news?

Me: Yes! You met a sister in Canada. I'm happy for you!

Cousin: Actually, I went there to ask her if she would like to get married!

Me: Wow! .......Isn't that kind of soon? You only met her less than a month ago!

Cousin : Well...it's kind of hard to date someone that lives so far away. I found that she is a really good spiritual sister.We know that everything will work out if Jehovah is in the middle!

Me : That's good! But haven't you seen all the divorces in our congregation? There's been at least 6 divorces in our congregation alone.They all had Jehovah in the middle!

Cousin: They had Jehovah in the middle but never made him the third cord!

Me: People who marry in the same religion divorce just as much as couples who have different faiths!

Cousin: That's true! But,the only Jehovah's Witnesses who divorce are brothers or sisters who don't make Jehovah their third cord. They really weren't true Witnesses if they divorce!

HOPE THIS MARRIAGE LASTS!

• chase
    chase

what the hell is third cord? a music reference or made up sound right at the time jw thing? best luck tho.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

CHASE

This passage from Ecclesiastes 4:12 illustrates the importance of Christian companionship. Two Christians that are bound together in Christ are stronger than the individuals themselves. We believe that Christian marriage is about more than the union of one man and one woman. The Bible teaches us that God performs a miracle in our marriage, uniting us together in a covenant relationship with Him as one. The Cord of Three Strands is a symbol of that sacred union created on your wedding day.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Oh jeez, the whole "cords of three strands are stronger" bullshit... GAH!

I met my ex and was engaged to him 3 weeks later, married 5 months later. We lasted 7 years...but we were miserable from the get-go. He remarried 7 weeks after our divorce was final (I gave him "scriptural grounds"). So unless he was seeing this sister while we were still married, he jumped the gun yet again.

I, on the other hand, have recently made my way into the SERIOUSLY dating world and marriage is the furthest thing from my mind, as well as my bf's. I'll never marry again. Those who marry someone without knowing them and depend on an invisible presence to keep them together are in for a rude awakening...as was I.

• hoser
    hoser

you have a pm

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

What crappy JW logic!

'3 cords' - 'Jehovah in the middle' - what is this, a three way?

Cousin : Well...it's kind of hard to date someone that lives so far away. I found that she is a really good spiritual sister. We know that everything will work out if Jehovah is in the middle!

I feel for your cousin, he really has his head in the sand.

"She is a really good spiritual sister" - oh never mind if you love her or if you have any real connection with her, as long as she is a spiritual sister, all is well...

3Mozzies

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

If I get divorced I will never marry again. It's too tough! A Real doll will never divorce you. Gotta get me a few.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

3Mozzies

Remember all the wedding talks about having Jehovah as the third cord? When my wife and I got married,many Witnesses refused to come to our Wedding because she wasn't a baptized witness. Twenty years later we're still married while 6 couples in my congregation who had Jehovah as the third cord divorced.

• moshe
    moshe

Divorced? That means she won't take any crap from your cousin- hope he likes being a wuss- if he sponsors her for US residency, he will have to sign immigration papers that make him financially responsible for her for the next 10 years- if things fall apart after a few years and they divorce and then she signs up for welfare and food stamps, well, then the Govt will send him the bill to pay them back for her welfare checks. Of course, he won't believe that this could happen to him!

You might try to enlighten him about the risk he is taking! He sounds like a chicken waiting to be plucked.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/what-is-the-financial-responsibility-of-the-sponso-144440.html

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Another WBT$ ShotGun Wedding..

How Romantic!..

http://vnuuk.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/shotgunwedding.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit