Yay! Finally 2 Jdubs at my door.

by cyberjesus 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

So I was posting on the Forum and 2 neatly dressed JWs came. They didnt know who I was so I opened the door....

They started with their regular fear inspiring statements that God will destroy the "world", so I asked if he was gonna destroy me..... and thats where the fun started. I ask why was that God so angry..... you could tell for a split second how their heads went spinning. And of course their little robot brain went on with their well rehearsed speech re-directing the question.

They switched the topic about the importance of reading the bible... So I asked why...... Because otherwise Armageddon is coming.... so otherwise God is gonna destroy me? But I dont bad to people...... their little eyes went wide... how bout my children?.....

Then I dropped the bomb... "See I dont believe in the bible, why should I believe in it" .... because it say so.... really? Isnt that credulous? If I went to your door to sell you a loan modification wouldnt you at least check my credentials? so how do I know the bible is accurate?

I told them that I had a GF who was a Mormon and that they are cult and that they believe their book is inpired by God... so if both books say the same things how can we decide which one is the authentic?.... pause pause pause.

It was beautiful. Then I told them I didnt believe in God....... uhhh one jdub say that I was morally wrong..... "but you dont even know me, why are you so judgemental? I try to do good to everybody." mmmmm eyes went wide open. I told them that the God of the bible was a very angry God....

Well lets see what the bible says they say.... but dont we first have to stablish credibility on the book?....

Since I teach at the American Jewish University I was able to disguise my knowledge of the bible.... hahaha. One said I had no knowledge of the bible... once again how do you know?

The conversation went good for an hour but they were trying to leave every fifteen minutes, But I was able to bring issues so they would ask me questions and that would keep them hooked again. I was super friendly and they were very aggressive.

Finnally they said they had things to do.... and that they would come back to answer my questions regarding how to choose the right book. I said but why? why not decide which one right now?.... mmmm its getting late and ... (we have a meeting at a donut shop), That is what I think they really thought :-)

• snakeface
    snakeface

They always have to arrange for a return visit. "Why don't I come back at this same time next week and show you the answer to that question."
    I'm glad you said, "Why not show me the answer right now?" ha ha

We can say, "Why not show me the answer right now? What if Armageddon comes before next week?"

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

oh I forgot to mention that they say the end was coming within our lifetime. So I asked that guy how old was he, he said "75", so are you saying that within 15 years we are gonna see the end?" he pause and thought about it... realizing I just gave him a date for his death..... "Do you know how many groups have been preaching the end of the world in the past 100 years? so I proceeded to list a few...... Big eyes....

How do you know?- I ask... well the book of Daniel... "oh prophecy?" so who gives you the interpretation for prophecy- i asked..... welll

Let me show you why I have a problem with that... so I opened the bible randomly and started to interpret what I was reading. One guy said "I see what you are saying"

• sabastious
    sabastious

You got them to stay for an hour? That's pretty cool.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for this. I haven't had any non-family Witnesses come to my door yet. I had some 7th day adventists but all they wanted was the spare change in my couch; rather disappointing.

-Sab

• tiki
    tiki

sounds awesome! the judgemental part i really appreciate. it takes nerve to assume total strangers are ignorant or evil...and to denounce them to death in the same breath!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

oh I loved it! I led them to attack me judge me and critisize me at will. I showed them what real Atheist's Christian-love is.

I told them that I knew they had good intentions to share what they knew with me. And I told them that i also had good intention and for that very reason i encourage them to be skeptical of everything and research.... then the big-mouthed one said "oh do you know what the sea scrolls are?"..... uh oh he got himself into a pickle. :-)

I am officially a bratt!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The key is to not attack their beliefs whatsoever is to make them corner themselves and with patience make them angry and go crazy on you... They seem patient but they arent. If they think you are not a sheep they will label you inmmediately. And that is what will create cognitive dissonance. Later on they will realize how shallow are their beliefs.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I am officially a bratt!

You are a bratt, but not from this experience. They came to your door to specifically tell you that you are wrong. If they don't expect some serious fight they are kidding themselves.

-Sab

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

nice one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit