Ran into not One, not Two, but THREE elders at the same time!

by Soldier77 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

So I'm out doing some shopping at the supermarket and as I'm walking to the checkout, I see my SO and his wife (in full FS attire) talking to someone just past the checkout registers. I am looking for the FURTHEST checkout at this point making sure not to be noticed by the SO or his wife. Well, just my freakin luck, there is only ONE checkout open. So as I prepare for the inevitable mentally, I make sure that my posture and body language is one of confidence and positive.

As I get to the checkout, the SO and his wife walk off not seeing me.... WHEW! Right? WRONG@! The people they were talking to was ANOTHER elder and his wife that are right in front of me that I completely did NOT see! I'm starting to get anxious now. Well, they turn to their groceries and didn't look at me and I made sure to look at those wrigley's spearment gum packages to thwart my gaze in the opposite direction... they start to walk off... coast is clear....

WRONG AGAIN! There was a third elder (CoBE) from another congregation that I used to be in, that was coming in from my blind side towards the couple that was just in front of me. Yes, you guessed it, he saw me. That in turn caught the attention of the other couple and now I was receiving an airstrike of love bombing. They started to tell me, right there at the checkout with people in line behind me, how much they missed me and where have I been etc. I brush it off and tell them I have been travelling a lot with work. Well, that works for the one elder and his wife and they leave with smiles and handshakes.

As for my old CoBE.... this guy is the coordinator for our area of 4 congregations and he is the type of guy that is nosy. I mean stick his nose so far up your ass nosy...

Well, he started in with the ice-breaker comments of nice to see you etc, that lead straight into how are you spiritually. I mean really, 45 seconds tops to get into it. I told him straight that I am fine, doing well, doing my bible reading (my way of course without WTS pubs) but that I have not been active for some time. Well, he said that I should try to do as much as I can wherever I travel to blah blah blah. Same shit, different day.

ANYWAY... I think I averted a disaster. I lucked out that my SO didn't catch me, that would have lead to him asking to meet with me. But nonetheless, I am on the radar again and I am anticipating a phone call this week.

Honestly guys, I don't know how much more I can do the avoidance dance. I know half of you will say to just leave, what am I waiting for etc. and the other half will be your usual supportive selves. But really, this is tough, and I know staying "in" just for family, family that I hardly talk to in the first place, is the wrong reason. The problem is, now I'm a little more confrontational with family still in and I think they are starting to get thoughts that I may not be "in-line" with organizational thinking. Eh... whatever, I'm ready for whatever comes. I honestly hope I get found out soon and it forces my hand to leave officially.

Thanks for the listening ear... had to vent after that run-in.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Soldier, whilst fading I was scared of meeting edlers or anyone who could ask questions. Now that I am DF'd I really don't care - I feel genuinely free!

• jay88
    jay88

Since it all a game, why not make it humourous. JW's play a serious game of satire. jk

What the hell type question is "How are you spiritually"?

jay,

• itsbeenalongtime
    itsbeenalongtime

he is the type of guy that is nosy. I mean stick his nose so far up your ass nosy...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Very funny, yet sad :(

• hasmat
    hasmat

LOL! If they asked me, "how are you doing spiritually?" ..I think I'd say, " Much better now that I've left the Jehovah's Witness Organization. It's so much better following Christ than a handful spiritually sick men, but thanks for asking".

I hope one day I'll run into one or all of the elders who brought me to their JW court Hall.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

how did the public sheparding call feel? im good thanks might have been my reply i dont say much to dubs anymore. but i feel like you about being found out it would make life soooo much easier and the witch hunt would help my wife see the hypocracy. guess i have to get more "brazen"

• zoiks
    zoiks

Wow, three for the price of one! Great deals at the supermarket this week

I love the "public shepherding call" as well. Usually I get the fake sad/pitying look at first, until I tell the person that my family and I are doing great. Then it's a hurried, "Well, we miss you at the hall" and off they go.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I am no one to judge, I still have family in who know the truth about the truth and continue to stay in. They have their reasons and thats fine with me. They know where I stand and I them. It is my sincerest hope that this is not construed as judgemental.

Please reread your post but this time read it from a "normal" persons perspective. It would seem to me that you are living in fear of these people. Fading is not a sin, be up front with them and dont let them talk down to you, really who asks someone "how are you doing spiritually?" Hey bro, you ever jerk off in the shower? Mind your own effin business!! (1 Thess 4:11(sans the effing)) If you feel like this is how you have to respond by hiding or ducking away, i get it, im not judging it. Thats fine with me, but I just feel like the longer we as ex-jdubs still play by the "shunning rules" or play the guilt game the longer this sham of a policy will continue to be a powerful tool for the church.

pbrow

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Soldier ,you are going to start having dreams about gorillas chasing you...

I feel sorry you are in that predicament and hope someday soon it will change for you.It has to be miserable feeling like you have to hide but I totally understand...

I wonder if they all got together outside later and laughed about almost making yuou pee your pants?

Hugs,

Snoozy

• Borgia
    Borgia

" how are you spiritually is an interesting question. Fact of the matter is that it is not even a biblical one. But as you will probably know: cognac, armagnac, whiskey, vodka, etc are considered spirits. Apart from the fact that they can haunt you, it is evident that being spiritual is .. eh ... refreshing.

On top ... what am I saying here .. additionally, in the OT being sexually active in a more conscious way is considered extremely pious. Astarte, Ashera, Baal, twigs, poles, all were connected with the live giving features of sexual copulation and the circles of life in general.

The other thing that needs to be taken into account is that wizards used substances to alter their state and were used in prophesying, etc. They were called pharmakia or drugs. Also a spiritual thing to do.

So, I should say, based on your level of indulgement with these three things your might say your spirituality is in good shape.

When you are able to say this with a big grin on your face .... lol!

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit