what is it that jws have against blue folk ?

by looloo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

my disfellowshipped hubby dosnt come on here but has been amused by some of the funny threads ! he wants to know why smurfs and avatar are big no nos in dub land ?

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I remember from when I was a kid that people said 'smurf' was German for 'little blue demon'... I always thought that was the reason it was 'bad'.

I never heard about Avatar though.

• looloo
    looloo

lol, headis spinning thats interesting , i often wondered why it seemed acceptable to watch sleeping beauty, snow white , cinderella etc but harry potter etc was not ok because of the magic !!!!!! ive sent you a pm the other day x

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I know of some jw who do not watch sleeping beauty, snow white, and cinderella because they feel that this is spiritistic. But most do watch because it does not bother them. Harry Potter, not being a cartoon, seems too real and is banned by the jws.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I knew a few really hardcore dubs who wouldn't even watch super-tame stuff like Disney movies (because of the "magic") or "Wizard of Oz" (because it had 'wizard' in the title).

Once I was watching "Singing in the Rain" with a P.O.'s wife and she turned it off and walked out because of Gene Kelly's dream dance with Cyd Charisse near the end ("too sexual!") It was a 1950's family musical, for Christ's sake!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Jehovah doesn't like things strangled, so he doesn't like the Smurfs.

I heard of one JW father who banned his family from reading fiction because it's all lies, and God hates a liar.

Brizzzy,

She probably got Jealous cuz she wasn't getting any.

• looloo
    looloo

lol, you would think they would have been more worried about the fact their cult leader was living in a mansion he claimed to only be living in untill moses and king david got reserected than moaning about the wizard of oz and "the man behind the curtain "! actually rutherford was "the man behind the curtain " !!!!!

• eva luna
    eva luna

I was traveling by car through Germany with some local Witness friends. While we were passing a Smurf amusmant park,

I asked if they wanted to stop, as a joke .

They rolled their eyes, and replied 'thats for babies'. They didnt get the joke obviously. LOL

They had never heard any of the silly stories about the Smurfs being demo.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I not sure about the whys of the about the Avatar thing BUT the supposed prominent featuring of magic and sorcery in The Smurfs is what had JWs shitting their in their shorts. Nowadays, they're hating on Harry Potter as well. AFAIK, HE doesn't have blue skin...

V665V665

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Some years ago, when the Teletubbies were popular, I bought the purple one for my little neice.

My sister-in-law said, while she didn't agree, people in her area were saying the Teletubbies were BAD because the purple one was supposedly gay.......

So I said, "Well, it's carrying a briefcase and has a purple triangle on its head. Maybe it's just a Jehovah's Witness."

We had a good laugh......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit