They really are pooping their pants over these latest "signs"...

by undercover 86 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

Oompa,

How are those prayers working out for you? LOL

JK

• JRK
    JRK

We are all going to die. That is a fact of life. Let the Dub's whack off to tens of thousands dying. They are sick f**ks.

JK

• boyzone
    boyzone

Carl Jonsson makes some good points in his book "Sign of the Last Days -When?" He examines the "signs" in Matt 24 and Luke 21 and actually shows that Jesus was warning people DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THESE THINGS -THE END IS NOT YET. The actual sign Jesus mentioned in Matt 24 v 3 Jesus doesn't start to explain until he describes the SIGN OF THE SON OF MAN in the heavens.

Just another school of thought.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

If we take Matthew 24 serious, then the end of days have been a reality for the entire history of mankind. And earthquakes even before man existed.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The crazy thing about those trying to get people back into the fold is that they forget that wont save them!

Do they forget the teaching that god can see through last minute convesions and repentances?

oz

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Let's stop and remember a very important point in all of this....

sure the JWs believe that the end of the world is near and these are signs, BUT there are many other religious groups who are attributting these "signs" to doomsday prophecy too. The point I'm trying to make is that when supposedly Jerusalem fell to the Romans, the early Christians were warning about it and heeded Jesus' instruction and fled. And JWs like to present their arguement for Armageddon as if they are the only group out of ALLLLLLLLLL religion who are warning of the "coming destruction". But this isn't true, because there are many groups clamouring about earthquakes and Mayan calanders and dead birds, etc.

So how do we know that maybe one of those other religious doomsday groups are correct?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@MRFALCON = there are many other religious groups who are attributting these "signs" to doomsday prophecy too.

Being a bit of a saddo, this is why I don't poo poo it all totally. I am convinced that nothing will occur JW style but I watch with interest without reading too much into earthquakes and such. I might miss being 'ruptured' in heaven!!!

Mrs Punk was trying to revive me to go back to meetings with : 'I was talking to a Muslim who says THEY believe it's a sign of the end!'

My reply : 'We better join the Muslims quick then!'

Son of Punk laughs.

Room goes quiet!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

gold, Punk. that's gold. haha.

• Stealth
    Stealth

'2012 ain't here, yet. It will prolly be totally boring, after all the excitment of 2011.'

Maybe the Mayans failed to account for no year zero?

• Millions
    Millions

Nice thread, been thinking about this a lot lately, naturally!

I agree with this idea that it's the only time JWs can get genuinely excited. I'm amazed they don't burst into glossolalia as well whenever some major event goes down.

I have had an idea for a new JW festival:

Disasterstock 2011

Headliners:

Japan Earthquake/Tsunami

supporting acts:

Egyptian/Libyan/Bahrain Riots

Paedophile ring uncovered

New songbook (a disaster if ever there was one)

special guest appearance:

9/11 Twin Towers - reformed for this one-off show as part of the 10 year anniversary

Can you imagine the scenes of joy and euphoria among the masses of JW festival goers, as they pump the air watching these acts? Oh the tears of joy that will flow! Good times!

I think this is one festival that will run and run... $$$ ka-chingggg $$$

P.S. have you seen this article on the official site, classic example of if you throw enough crap at people, some of it will hit the target.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200709/article_01.htm

Basically, it's not God's fault for designing the planet like he did, it's your own damn fault for living in Japan, for living in high rise buildings, for using concrete to make roads, and for not being a JW because the elders would look after you if you were. Now it all makes sense.

So I guess the new Watchtower complex in Ramapo will have mud tracks for roads and be constructed out of bamboo and be one storey only.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit