They Gotta Know They are Running a Cult - a Rant

by OnTheWayOut 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I go back and forth on this one. Do the Governing Body members or some higher-ups behind the curtain of the wizard really know they are running a scam of a dangerous mind-control cult? Or are they victims of their own cult? Is it a mix? Can it really be a mix?

I was thinking about Japan and how the JW's will run around saying, "See, the end is near." Then I reflected on how WTS loves such disasters. There are so few JW's affected in Japan who actually lost their homes or livelihood. I don't mean to minimize that, but c'mon. How many JW's would have been living in the earthquake zone in Japan? Even if the number is higher than I know, I do know that WTS will turn it into a cash bonanza for themselves, pleading JW's to make cash-only donations to the worldwide work so that WTS can decide how best to help these victims.

By thinking about past disasters and how they have done this (further lining their pockets with people's insurance claims for damage) I figured "They gotta know the scam they are running."

When I think about how they brag on how, during disaster relief, they are the best organized on scene, better than the Red Cross or the National Guard, they gotta know that's a lie. When I think of how they brag at conventions about how they have provided a fine witness in these areas by fixing the roof of non-JW's or comforting people better than their church does, they gotta know the lies they are telling. When they say that loads of studies were started because of such efforts, I figure it's all part of their game.

At conventions, when they brag about how the colliseum loves turning the keys over to JW's and how the mayor of the local town and the hotel owners brag about how great it is to have the JW's in town, they gotta know it's just spin. They gotta know how many hotel owners did not wish to cooperate with their tactics and how many complaints they received about too many guests in a room or disruptive play in the pool area or taking all the continental breakfast items out of the hotel for lunch, etc. etc.

They cannot be that ignorant of their own devices. They gotta know.

The only saving grace for them in my opinion, is the writings of Ray Franz. He never indicates that "they knew." But it might not be the case where all of them know and it might not be the case where Ray knew what others knew. They may keep some in the dark, like Fred Franz, so they can write the doctrine, and Ray seemed to be one primed to inherit Fred's writing job.

Rant over. Share your thoughts or not.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They are delusional. In fact, I think they actually suffer from delusional disorder

One of the subsets is grandiose delusion. For me, it explains it better than anything else I have come across. I think guys that operate more on there own like Benny Hinn know its a scam and do it for the money and lifestyle. I think the GB and the Mormons are more in line with the delusional disorder.

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

I afraid being a X Nazis Jw myself . That they believe it's all real. They have totally bought into their own bull shit. Just like the real Nazis of WW2. The are victims of there own party line a line that got started many years ago with really Ruthford.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Hell, we all believed it at some point, at least to some extent.

But, yes, some do come to "know." Especially those who get to peek behind the curtain. By then, however, they are thoroughly invested. Sort of like those Enron investors who held onto their worthless company stock. They reasoned, "We've only lost money if we sell it."

Many dubs are like that. They realize the stock is worthless, but the act of selling it - admitting it - is too much to handle, psychologically.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What I am trying to say is that they tell members lies and half-truths like politicians and lawyers do.

Lawyers clearly know they are misleading, but develop an ethic that allows misleading as long as it isn't illegal.
    Politicians are mostly lawyers and do mostly the same.

But those people know it's a game.

WTS doing that for the benefit of the organization, they gotta "know." Having members embellish a personal example at conventions or reading off some story about a monk converting because he found some tract somewhere, totally stealing the story from the Lutherans or the Methodists on some website, totally not trusting the flock to make personal choices- they gotta know.

Willy- you have a PM.

• tec
    tec

People can get so locked into their own deceit that they even believe it themselves. Or they get so locked into being deceitful that they do it easily, and also justify it - but this will strengthen them (such as the embellished personal stories). Lies aren't lies any more as long as they are doing 'good' or helping someone else.

Though I know it is an untrue analogy, the whole 'frog in a pot of hot water' thing can be applied to them as well.

Tammy

• Mad Sweeney
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

Anyone can be whipped up into religious fervor, dubs just are more concentrated in their approach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmotTE-VlY

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

What Ray Frantz wrote was 30 years ago which maybe at that time was mostly true regarding GB. At the time GB just evolved from one man leader to a group with still one man in charge to a group vote. Since the ousting of Ray, we don't know what is believed at the top but I would be surprised if GB, PRs, and lawyers didn't know they are screwing people over. They are uneducated bunch but I can't imagine seeing it all from the top tower and still believing the same shit while being at the bottom looking up.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I think you know the answer to this question, OTWO. There are at least a few up there at the top of the pyramid who are fully aware it's a mind control cult. They use Nazi techniques and its no accident. We've had threads here about how some of the GB members don't even believe what the Tower teaches, and that the whole religion needs to be reinvented. It's no co-incidence that the word Jehovah, the Watchtowers, and the tetragrammaton are integral to Enochian Magick. But what's the bottom line? It's a billion-dollar-a-year printing company, that about says it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit