"No looting" -- reports from Japan. What, only JW's remain?

by FatFreek 2005 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Check it out with your favorite search tool. Japan and looting. You will see report after report with the same theme -- virtually little to no looting.

Now note this, from Wiki: About 70 percent of Japanese profess no religious membership,according to Johnstone (1993:323), 84% of the Japanese claim no personal religion.

Is it possible that a country that is so devoid of religion to have such a high degree of respect for the belongings of their fellow citizens?

Len

• dgp
    dgp

Of course. It is well known that the Japanese hold themselves to very high standards.

This is not the subject of the thread but, for example, have you ever found anything made in Japan that is not very well made?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Yes, DGP, I drive one (a Toyota Avalon) and thankfully it has not "run away" from me yet. Probably the best made vehicle I've owned.

I just browsed the WT Library, 2010, and the last mention of Japan in yearbooks is 1998. That article did not focus on current statistics and progress but rather the history of JWs from the early 50s till then.

Len

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I really admire the Japanese, the way they do things and make things. Their culture seems to be more community and group oriented and they're really big on honor. In the U.S. we value the individual more and I think that shows up in negative ways, like looting and stepping on others to get what you want. We're pretty selfish compared to them. But there also isn't looting here everytime some catastrophe happens and we help each other too. Those stories just don't make for good ratings.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I posted this link in response to something another poster said on another thread about the Japanese needing Jesus because their religions couldn't give them hope. I thought the comment was ignorant and arrogant. The link comments on how much hope the Japanese do have and there had been no reports of looting.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Not long ago a very insightful thread on the decline of Jehovah's Witnesses in Japan was posted. Our Barbara Anderson, possible san (a Japanese ex-jw), and others offered revealing thoughts.

Len

• Alfred
    Alfred

You'll probably never see Japanese JWs elbowing each other to get the best seats at a District Assembly the way JWs do in the Western Hemisphere. So I wouldn't expect the "wordly" Japanese to do as much looting as you'd see in the States...

• chase
    chase

great point.

• clarity
    clarity

Hello FatFreek205, aww you're so cute! Keep that avatar.

thanks a lot for posting this, great information from the Japanese friends that I missed a year ago.

Good to hear they're wiseing up to the watchtower lies, I was cheering too, along with them!

clarity

• shamus100
    shamus100

People who don't believe in god are not unlawful. True, the usual lot here are very judgemental and harsh towards religion, which is understandable to some extent.

Usually people who need god are the ones who go out and do awful, awful things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit