So why are there earthquakes?

by trevorbv 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Maybe you're asking your question on the wrong forum.

Try a pro Xtian forum, then report back with the results.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sydney (Australia) recently hosted the yearly gay Mardi Gras, and nothing happened to the city (yet)

• wobble
    wobble

Problems are building for Sydney though, my youngest son is visiting in a couple of months, earthquakes ? They ain't seen nuthin yet !

As to the theological ramifications of EQ's, they prove that there is no god.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Oz just had an earthquake in Innisfail of all places.

That must prove there is a god ......... or not ......... whatever .......... goodnight.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy
    transhuman68
    One of the tectonic plates is the king of the north, and the other is the king of the south; and they are engaged in a pushing. It's in the Bible. Honest.

LOL. That's the best explanation I've seen. I'm going with that one.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

God likes to show his power and glory, killing thousands of humans is included in this expression of power.

He also doesn't like the Japanese

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I was expecting some belivers like brotherdan and PSacramento to intervene and say the God knows whats best for us and we shouldn't question him.

Because of the smilely I assuem that post was in jest.

The world is the way it is because it can't be any other way, Eathquakes, hurricanes, tornandos, tidal waves and yes, even Tsunamis, exist because they are a by product of the world we live in, the universe we live in, they are a part of nature and some serve a purpose, like earthquakes and others are by-products of other events, like Tsunamis.

Do I like it? Nope, but I don't knwo enough about how the universe works to know if the world we need to live on can exist without them.

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Why earthquakes?....end times

80% of the Earth's population is going away... read the Georiga guide stones.

• trevorbv
    trevorbv
    How is it a dumb question? :) - it is one of the oldest questions that religions have tried to answer. Having said that, perhaps that doesn't stop it being dumb lol

True, it's a reincarnation of the problem of evil.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil <- Recommended reading.

The world is the way it is because it can't be any other way

Impossible to say for sure, but I doubt that.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Impossible to say for sure, but I doubt that.

Well, every other planet in the universe seems to work in a similar way, though far more extreme fromour POV.

There is a reason for every "natural disaster" to happen, and by "natural disaster" I mean a natural occuring event that, because of a populous being "in the way" they get "destroyed".

Earthquakes are NOT "irrational events", they are a part of nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit