Local JW's a little slack in their preaching efforts?

by cognizant dissident 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

So, I'm sitting at my desk one morning, about a week ago. The desk is right beside my sliding glass door in my new ground floor suite. The drapes are wide open and I'm sitting in full view of anyone coming up the driveway. Out of the corner of my eye I catch sight of two people in suits walking up the driveway, briefcases in hand. They walk by my window/door and knock on the front door of the house, right beside it. The upstairs owner is not home.

I fully expect them to knock on my glass door/window to talk to me as I'm sitting there in full view and they have to see me as they have to walk right past me to leave.

Nope, just ignore me and keep on going back to their car.

Slackers! Where's the love? Where's the concern for my everlasting salvation? Is it just me or is the preaching work just not what it used to be? Color me cynical, but I suspect that some JW's are just putting in their time and are not really concerned about this urgent warning work that must be completed because the end is so close!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Maybe they figured you were the occupier and that you'd seen and were ignoring them?

Loz x

• Alfred
    Alfred

I pass them on the road every other month... usually a group of about 8 or so (in pairs of course)... they seem to be walking slower and slower every time... like they really don't want to be there (you think?)

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Mission = Count Time Knocking Doors

Object = Get in 4 actual hours. Then multiply it by a time, times and half a time to get 10 hours.

Report.

Hazards along the way; people.

Scenario 1, A door. Approach it. 50/50 there is someone in to talk to.

Feel lucky? Knock it.

Feel unlucky? Knock gently or not at all.

Scenario 2, A real person in full view who I will most definitely have to speak to.

Feel lucky? Ignore them.

Feel unlucky? Ignore them.

Two reasons

1) Don't believe what they are doing.

2) They do believe it but don't care about you.

It is such a shame, the time wasted on door knocking.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You can tell by walking by that my suite is a suite and not the main house. It's very obvious. Also, I was sitting sideways and not obviously looking at them, so it was very likely I could not see them, but there is no way they could not see me as they were approaching me head on.

They were walking with heads down, not even trying to catch my eye. Slackers! I know it cause it's the type of thing I would have done near the end when I really didn't want to talk to anyone (because I didn't believe it anymore). Except I couldn't keep that up for more than a few weeks before I quit. Couldn't do it for years. When I was a true believer, I took it seriously and knocked at all the suites. I also approached people on the streets walking by. Got some of my best placements that way.

No, they really just aren't trying nowadays. Before I moved, I lived on a street crawling with ex-JW's that knew me and knew where I lived. I was never df'd or even reproved, but gossip had got around that I was not believing anymore. My old PO told my son he was going to call and invite us to the memorial. He came when we weren't home and just left the invitation in the door. Never tried back. Not much effort into trying to get the lost sheep.

• wobble
    wobble

I used to feel a little hurt, that after being in for 58 years, none of my "loving brothers", except two in the early days, could be bothered to try to get me back.

Now I am glad they do not call, have'nt got the time, or the interest.

I noticed a lot of slackers when I was still active, back in 2006. But we did have a hardcore of dedicated ones, and the territory was covered every 6 weeks or so, now I never see them , even slackers !

• alanv
    alanv

I remember I did a post last year I think about JWs looking like they are going to a funeral. That is still true today. If they are doing door to door work it just not enter their mind that they should do incidental witnessing.

It will be interesting to hear from you guys that are still connected with JWs how the earthquake in Japan has affected their ministry. I'm thinking that this weekend all over the world they have been pointing to it, to show the end is really near.

• nugget
    nugget

now now the angels direct the preaching work they probably realised you would mess with their heads and blinded their eyes so they didn't see you.

That being said there is no sense of urgency with the preaching work, brothers are ill prepared and go out under duress as a result the aim is to speak to as few people as possible.

• Mary
    Mary

Now Cog, you know the real reason why they didn't knock at your door don't you? As they were walking towards your place, two big men must have appeared beside you with a flashing sign above your head that read: "She's an Apostate---keep moving, nothing to see here". What's that you say? There were no men in your apartment? Well that's proof enough that they must have been angels sent from Jehovah to warn the Witnesses about calling at your door.

See how Jehovah protects his sheeple from Satan's influence?

• Heaven
    Heaven

They don't knock on my door anymore. They only knocked once. I think that was enough for them. They do leave the Memorial invites sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit