Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 03-13-2011 WT Study (MARRIAGE)

by blondie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Par 5: 'At times, even some of God’s people lose clear sight of Jehovah’s view of marriage. Some Christian couples decide to separate, or they divorce without having Scriptural grounds to do so.'

What a load of 'horsepucky'!

By using the word 'some' the Society is intentionly downplaying marital problems in the organization. Anticipating this article being studied today, while at meeting earlier this week and sitting near the back I had an opportunity to scan the audience & take a quick count. Of the 'some' 60 adults who are married or who have been married about half have been thru a divorce and another handful in the process of one or separation. Clearly the more appropriate word choice should be 'many'. No doubt you'll find similar statistics in the 100,000+ congregations world wide! Why else would they have this as a study article?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The Watchtower Society feels they have a privileged position; that they alone are allowed to intrude on the family relationship. This is from the viewpoint of this ex-Unbelieving Mate:

(9) Friends and relatives can no longer take priority at the expense of the new family

Including the "Friends" at the Kingdom Hall?

(10) To the extent that it depends on you, do not let anyone or anything come between you and your mate.

Including the Watchtower Society? How many times does your UBM come home to a cold dinner and an empty house because going to "Meetings" and "Studies" is more important than time with your own family? How many Saturday mornings do you leave your spouse alone while you wear out the family car distributing the Society's publications?

(17) For example, when you make important decisions, do you first research Bible principles, pray about the matter, and then seek advice from a mature Christian?

"Evidently", only the Watchtower Organization is deemed qualified to offer such advice. "Mature Christian" means an Elder; "Bible Principles" means Watchtower publications. Why not seek advice from a neutral third party for secular matters (books written by qualified professionals, an unbiased marriage counselor or financial advisor), or with equal respect offered to your UBM's beliefs in spiritual matters (actual scripture, member of the clergy)?

• free2beme
    free2beme

This seems to be taking one hardline view of the bible and replacing it with another. How about the possiblity, that they are all wrong and the book is just a myth gone viral.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Thanks for the review Blondie.

I find it nauseating how they continue to talk about how sharing or being involved in spiritual activity strengthens the marriage. Yet how many times have you felt uncomfortable around an elder, MS, or pioneer because of the way that they treated their mate, perhaps even while engaged in said activity?

Spiritual activity is NOT the answer. It's APPLYING what you learn, and not just from the Bible. It includes other life experiences and observations.

All these man made assignments in the congregation do not make a man or woman a better person. Rather, applying the simple things, and striving to show respect and truly care for one another and always being mindful of that.

The society would like to have you think, just short of them saying it, that because a couple are JW's, that is why they are successful. I've observed couples that have nothing to do with the witnesses and yet you can tell they truly love and respect each other. It's because of their belief system and what they have faced as well as what they apply themselves to that has made them a success.

WTS - Stop demonizing everyone else's marriage just because they aren't JW's doing Family Worship! That is not the key. If a person is not willing to change inside, a study of the Bible won't miraculously change that! That is obvious from those who have "served" for so many years and yet still treat their mates like crap. Yea, you know it's true.

CoC

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Para 2 = I don't see how eating a fruit as recommended by a talking snake means Adam & Eve's marriage failed. They had children after. The issue was different to a 'failed' marriage issue.

Para 13 = What? No advert for FS?.....Oh, wait it's all in para 14! Duh!

I still don't know how JW activites come under 'worship'! I never got how it can be 'worship' to God by underlining washTowel paragraphs.

Para 18 = Ok! I'm guessing these are more 'fictional' people the WTBT$ invented to make a point (money/control)!

What a nonsense washTowel farticle! I hope it helps others to 'wake up' to the fact it's just an antichrist cult big business posing as religion!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

The comments were flying during the WT study this week. You had younger ones commenting about what makes a "strong relationship". I might as well have raised my hand and commented on what it's like to nurse a baby from my breast. Then of course you get your crazy person who comments about how "wordly" people do nothing but abuse, cheat and insult their spouses, while marriages withing Jehovah's organization are examples of real love.

I guess that's why I personally know of at least 8 couples who have broken up, despite being married JW-style. Every WT Study is like a big generalization-fest. Pointless.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

17 Does spirituality(WTB$ RULES) similarly guide your

family life? For example, when you make

important decisions, do you first research

Bible principles, pray about the matter, and

then seek advice from a mature Christian?

Or do you tend to resolve problems by following

your own feelings or those of family

and friends? Do you strive to put into practice

the many practical suggestions published

by the faithful slave on marriage and

family life?

Here we have how the WTB$ has promoted the propogandist mind control technique of 'Menatal Dependancy' on the washtowel to ensnare all their victims.

You cannot use 'critical thinking' to make desicions. You have to go to the washtowel ONLY!! They have set this up time an time again so the victims cannot think without WTB$ mind control.

Scenario:

"Should we go out for a burger as a family and enjoy time together?" Asks Brother Johnny Watchtower, "We'd better consult the washtowel for guidance first!"

Johnny Watchtower pours over the CDub rom. He finds the farticle ''Do more in the ministry instead of going out for a burger or die at Armageddon you dumb bleating little sheep."

Later. ''Oh, I see it now! We cannot go out for a burger as a family as this will detract from time we could spend in the ministry! Thank you washtowel for your 'mind cleansing' information! Off on return visits instead!''

JDubs rely on the WTB$ for desicions which is JUST how the WTBT$ want it!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is yet another scatter-brained article that is a complete waste of time. What causes most marital problems? Stagnation. They get in a rut, and the excitement gets lost. With it, so does the love--and pretty soon, one or both feel that an affair would bring back the excitement. Which is true--so long as that one doesn't also get stagnant.

And, since when does "serving God" prevent stagnation? You are told how to have sex. You are also supposed to waste all day in field circus, which hardly draws a couple together. Then you get to attend boasting sessions--and you aren't even supposed to hold hands during the damn prayer. How is that supposed to draw a couple closer? And, there is zero excitement in theocraptic activities--save the time when there is a blizzard and the boasting session gets cancelled for snow or no one shows up for field circus.

In lieu of excitement, there is stress. You race around between work, boasting sessions, and field circus. Pio-sneers and hounders have it even worse--and they want everyone in one or both of those categories. There is no time to draw closer--and the rut is easily enough to create stagnation. Which is not good for creating and maintaining excitement.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The whole study could have been summed up with only one sentence,''The only way to a successful marriage is only if both partners are dedicated Jehovah's Witnesses."

PARAGRAPH 4 SHOULD READ:

4 At times, even some too many of God’s people Jehovah's Witnesses lose clear sight of Jehovah’s view of marriage.

SomeToo many Christian couples decide to separate, or they divorce without having Scriptural grounds to do so.

(Just commit adultery and get a divorce and get reinstated two years later with new partner)

My cousin went through a messy divorce 2 years ago with her Ministerial Servant husband who took off with his work partner and hasn't seen his children since. He has only paid 2 months of child support in the 24 months. How come this wasn't reported in the Watchtower study? Instead,we get the made up story of Danny and Trina.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Rules & Regulations - Very true. I'm sure almost everyone here has either been in or knows of JW marriages that were less than ideal. But this never gets metioned, just the fairy-tale that if you are both JWs you will never have disagreements, problems or challenges. Goes double for pioneer couples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit