A long and unexpected JW encounter

by AuntBee 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Hi guys! I pull up to my daugher's home in Phoenix this morning, just got there from Tucson for a visit. And lo and behold, 2 JW are walking up the driveway. Well, i spent over an hour with them on the doorstep. I wrote out a longer version, so that i would remember the details, but i'll just post a bit here. The thing that stood out most to me was the repetitive use of a completely false analogy. One of the ladies repeated this no less than 3 times. I was pointing out false predictions, and other changes in the organization, even changes relating to things that lost people their lives. Her analogy was - think back to when you were five years old. Did you believe things then, you don't believe any more now? Did you do things you don't do any more, like play in the dirt? I responded each time she said this - i'm not talking about a child. I'm talking about an organization that makes the incredible claim of being GOd's one channel of truth on earth, God's only organization, His spokesman on how to interpret the Bible, etc. I made no such claim as a child. I did not go around proclaiming lies world-wide in Jehovahs name! Do you see the difference? (Perhaps she had to keep using this one, as i specifically requested they not start in with the light getting brighter. )

My daughter said JWs hit her neighborhood quite often, at least once a month! Wow, i may have to go out with some flyers to that neighborhood, how about the Awake with the kid martyrs who bled to death?

Thanks for all the knowledge and experiences you guys share here. It really does help and inform a lot of people!

cheers, auntbee, tucson

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

pretty pathetic aren't they, the stupid analogy about the 5 year old is repeated because they have the brains of 5 year olds.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Her analogy was - think back to when you were five years old. Did you believe things then, you don't believe any more now?
    Did you do things you don't do any more, like play in the dirt?

So the WBT$ is run by Adults,with the Maturity of a 5 year old child..

Sounds right to me..

No one will ever Mistake the WBT$ GB,for Genius`s..

................. ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

Good job, AuntBee!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

One of the ladies repeated this no less than 3 times. I was pointing out false predictions, and other changes in the organization, even changes relating to things that lost people their lives. Her analogy was - think back to when you were five years old. Did you believe things then, you don't believe any more now? Did you do things you don't do any more, like play in the dirt? I responded each time she said this - i'm not talking about a child. I'm talking about an organization that makes the incredible claim of being GOd's one channel of truth on earth, God's only organization, His spokesman on how to interpret the Bible, etc. I made no such claim as a child. I did not go around proclaiming lies world-wide in Jehovahs name! Do you see the difference?

There's really no way to come back on that sort of thing. To even respond at that point only makes the WT look bad. When you think about it, organ transplants were likened to cannibalism at one point! Friggin cannibalism!! Like Night of the Living Dead or something, its ludicrous!!! And you wan't me to believe this is God's chosen organization? Who's on dust at that point?

• moshe
    moshe

All neighbors need to sign to be an official WT recycling center. I think the JWs will leave them alone after they join up.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I live in Phoenix and can tell you that it's overrun by JW's. My boss is one and three of my co-workers are studying.

Our apt. complex gets visited frequently.

I don't get the analogy of the 5 year old kid.

I barely remember being 5 and imagining or believing anything.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

That's interesting, White Dove. In Tucson, i've been visited once a year or less.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember believing things when I was about 25 that I no longer believe in. One of them is that Jehovah is good--that myth was shattered permanently. Another is that only the witlesses have any hope of salvation, and that they would be protected if they obeyed the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• Heaven
    Heaven

think back to when you were five years old. Did you believe things then, you don't believe any more now? Did you do things you don't do any more, like play in the dirt?

My response would have been "Why yes, I used to believe in Santa Claus but that was a big lie. Kind of like God. But I do still play in the dirt though."

JWs usually have no response to what I say. But then, I usually bring up my own personal family tragedies and they can't get away from me fast enough.

I think you may have planted some good seeds, though, Aunt Bee. Good work!

Contrary to your daughter's area, the JWs seem to have gone missing in mine. I work from home regularly and they haven't knocked on my door for a long time now.

Moshe, your sign is hilarious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit