The Face Of Jehovah

by PublishingCult 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

He always had my dad's face... I think because, in my little kid mind, my dad was always out of my reach and so was Jehovah.

• VIII
    VIII

I always imagined Jehovah looking like a cross between every Elder and CO along with Jesus thrown in. Add to the mix my very old great-grandfather and there you go. One Fugly God. And he had a beard. Had to have a beard. Old, very old. Never, ever smiled. Always grim.

How Satan got to be like a serpent or similar creature and then the angels look, uh, angelic is pretty funny if you think about it. All a figment of someone's imagination.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sorry, but no, dear PubCult (peace to you!)... but the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, does not look like an earthling man at all. Have I seen His face in order to say that? No, I have not. I have, however, seen the face of His image, Christ, His Son and the Holy One of Israel. And I almost had a heart attack the first time I did, as nothing and no one had prepared me for what I saw (although at least six Prophets - Moses, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Daniel, and John - had tried).

Christ is the image of the True God, so when you see him, although you are not literally looking on the face of God, you can see the image of God. Think of it like the mirror Perseus used to gaze upon Medusa, who he could not look directly at and live.

And what does Christ look like? Certainly not like the images humans have conjured up, either as a man or a spirit being. As a man, he was NOT tall, strapping, or physically pleasing to the eye. To the contrary, he was tiny (so small that he could ride on the COLT of an ass, which is a small animal to begin with!)... as well as sick, diseased... and lame. Because he took the "sins" of those he healed INTO his own flesh. Thus, it wasn't hard for those who called for his death to do so: he didn't fit the "image" THEY conjured for one who would be their king. They were expecting Messiah to appear as, perhaps, did Saul: tall, handsome, physically fit, pleasing to the eye. Not this small, decrepit, oozing "thing" that was before them. THAT "thing" was certainly UNCLEAN and apparently afflicted by God Himself. There was NO WAY he could be their king or the Messiah.

As a spirit being... he is a seraph: a flying, fiery, serpent... or dracos (dragon). Not serpent or dragon as earthling man has mistransliterated those words to mean. He is not a snake - nor is a serpent a snake. He is a seraph (which all spirit beings are)... and God is the Greatest Seraph. They are all fiery... and the Most Holy One of Israel the most so. Not only does fire emit from Him, but He breathes fire. Thus, the term "dracos" or dragon.

The appearance of Christ, as a spirit being is:

• Long, white hair (comparable to wiry beard hair)

• Orange ("fiery-colored") eyes

• Bronze/copper-colored SCALY skin

• Feet that appear like a lamb or calf

His face... is hideous. As we humans understand that word. Again, I almost had a heart attack when I first saw him. He only appeared briefly but the sight knocked me backward. I then declined when he asked if I wanted to see him again - I simply wasn't ready; couldn't handle it. It was MONTHS before I could tell him that I was ready to try again. Although it wasn't as bad the second time, it was still pretty frightening.

He is the image of God, however, because the face of the Most Holy One of Israel is even more hideous, more frightening. Thus, He dwells in "unapproachable light." NOT because one will be punished by Him for attempting to look... but because the flesh cannot handle the vision! It simply cannot - it really is too weak. Heck, the Prophets often lost their bodily functions and fainted dead out at the sight of my Lord (which I totally understand!) - if they flesh has problems with the IMAGE, imagine how it would react to the real thing!! It cannot withstand it.

But there is a LESSON in this and that is that we should not be concerned with the OUTWARD appearance, but what is on the INSIDE. Satan is one of two of the most beautiful of spirit beings (along with Michael, his "twin"); yet, he is hideous... on the INSIDE. Christ, however, although hideous in outward appearance, both in flesh AND in spirit body... is beautiful... ON THE INSIDE.

Which is why we must first learn to listen to his VOICE.

Once, when he appeared to me I was frightened I wanted to run away. I was TERRIFIED. But I kept telling myself "Don't run - that would be a lack of faith. Stand still!" And so I stood there, trembling uncontrollably. And then my Lord said to me, "Do not fear, child - it is I. You know me. Listen to my voice. There is no reason to fear. Do not worry about what I look like. Just listen to my voice and you will know it is me." And the more I heard and listened to his voice... and thus, began to "recognize" him... my fear lessened until it was gone entirely.

The voice is a VERY important thing, dear one. Regardless of what one sees with the eyes it is the voice of another that is most recognizable in identifying who that person it. For example, you could be so burned in a fire that your features are no longer recognizable and so your loved ones may not be sure it's you. But once you SPEAK to them... they will know you. It is the same thing.

And that is why the Most Holy One of Israel is not concerned with the outward appearance. The outward appearance can be very misleading. We, earthling man, put our trust in what we see with our eyes. But our eyes often mislead us. Sometimes one can LOOK "good"... but be black and dark as all get out INSIDE. On the other hand, one can look hideous: unattractive, ugly, diseased. Even "monstrous." Yet, have the greatest heart, love, compassion, be merciful and kind... on the INSIDE.

The vision you created in your mind is of man. And with good reason: man is often to be feared, especially for a small child. And especially when such "man" is prone to anger. I will tell you the truth, however: while the Most Holy One of Israel does know anger is it rare... and NEVER at a small child. Ever. It is with the ADULTS who USE Him... to scare small children (and that includes those who scared your brother so that he in turn scared you)... while they themselves exist in their own great error.

The Most Holy One of Israel is merciful, dear one... SLOW to anger, and abundant in loving kindness. I realize that that may be hard to believe, given what's written in the OT and what earthling man purports to teach about Him. But there is a way to know the TRUTH about Him, and that is to look at the TRUTH... which one can do by looking at His image... and listening to the One who IS the Truth, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... His Son and Christ and the One who came in His name: JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit