Up-to-date numbers of JWs and DF ones?

by Pams girl 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Any increase in western nations is likely due to immigration, the Borg not discouraging pregnancy anymore, and the fact that you only need 15 minutes a month to be counted as a publisher.

What struck me was that although there are around 1 in 100 people in the USA who claim to be JWs, fewer than 1 in 300 people in the USA are actual JW publishers. That's 2 out of 3 people who think they're JWs are actually inactive JWs. If there was only a way to get through to them...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/pew-religion-08/flash.htm

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks Mad Sweeney Cheers for the link. Things seem to be slowing down where I live, dont see many out and about on FS anyhow.

• alanv
    alanv

This is why the internet is so good. When someone wants to find out something about JWs all they have to do is put it in the search engine and out pops a mountain of imfo. Never again will they see the increases of the 1970s

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

"Just found some truely shocking sats...61% of baptised witnessess since 1993 are MISSING!!!???"

What in the world? Where is this from and has it been verified?

That doesn't seem right to me.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

In the link Agonus sent me Scooby doo...click on, then down to the bottom on the video spinny thing!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Pams girl,,you have a PM, note above, click at envelop icon by your name above.

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

Sounds like all of you need to read Martin Zenders' book entitled, "How to Quit Church WITHOUT quitting God: 7 good reasons to escape the box" Check it out at http://www.martinzender.com/books/Cover_enlarged.htm

Also, watch Martin's Crack O' Dawn report discussing the subject, "Satan Lives in Churches, not Strip Clubs", you can watch it online at http://www.martinzender.com/crack_o_dawn/satan_lives_in_churches.htm

Enjoy the FREEDOM of being FREE to love God for Being God and not because you were pressured into some mold...

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

I suppose the numbers of JWs who are inactive can't come close to matching the number of inactives in the Mormon church. Currently boasting of almost 14 million members worldwide, yet a whopping 70% of these are inactive, or have left the faith altogether for another church or no church at all. Yes, only about 5 million Mormons worldwide are actively participating in their faith, yet the LDS church continues to count ALL members on their rolls, regardless if the person hasn't been to a service in the past ten years, they're still counted as members UNLESS they've requested to have their names removed from the rolls, and effectively excommunicated themselves from the list. It's strange that in the past decade, the number of Mormon missionaries serving missions hasn't changed at all, it's been averaging around 52,000 since 1997, and hasn't gone up at all. Yes, it appears that Mormonism is also suffering from internal hemmoraging, just as the JW religion is doing, all the while claiming that 'all is well in Zion' but when the truth that the American Indians are not related to the Jews came out, instead of confessing that the Book of Mormon was a falsehood, they just updated the Intro to it to reflect a small change in doctrine, whereas the old Intro used to say that the Lamanites were the PRINCIPLE ancestors of the American Indians, it now reads that they were 'among' the principle ancestors of the American Indians. Slight change, most members of the LDS church didn't even notice.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Pams girl- be carefull when looking at charts that count baptism figures seperatly from peak publishers to try to find out how many are "missing".

It seems many on this forum do not understand how to read the WTS figures. The report for 2010 SY shows the following:

peak publishers: 7,508,050

average publishers: 7,224,930

2009 average publishers:7,046,419

number (of above publishers):

baptized:294,368

Of the 7,508,050 who reported as publishers during the 2010 Service year 294,368 got baptized during that service year.

In other words- the ones who got baptized were publishers already before they got baptized and have been already counted as publishers. The 7,508,050 INCLUDES the 294,368 who got baptized.

You cannot use the baptism figures to try to estimate how many fell away, became inactive, df'd etc. If you did you'd be counting the baptism figures twice.

All the wts is doing is showing that in any given year of all of those who reported as publishers that year, this many, got baptized that year. They are already counted as publishers- you cannot get baptized without first being a publisher!

I hope I am explaining this well enough.

These figures are from the 2011 Yearbook Of Jehovah's Witnesses .

• factfinder
    factfinder

The WTS does not release figures regarding how many are disfellowshipped but a disfellowshipped one is not and cannot be a publisher. Thus there is no one included in the publisher figures who are inactive, or disfellowshipped or disassociated. It is not possible to come up with any kind of accurate figures regarding such ones by using any statistics the wts provides in its charts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit