Up-to-date numbers of JWs and DF ones?

by Pams girl 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Just curious if anyone has up to date numbers of worldwide active JWs? Are there more that have left than are currently in? They bang on about growth in numbers, but after reading the wtbs numbers heading towards 8 million, other threads have suggested its more like just over 7 million.

Also being a newbie, and isolated due to illness, can anyone tell me about China and the work thats not happening. Sorry to act dumb, I just dont know why the preaching work isnt happening. How will this affect the "spread the good news in all the inhabited earth" bull they spread.??

The rate of growth seems to be really slowing, anyone got an up to date chart or something similar to show this?

Cheers guys

Paula x

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Did find some stats, but they were from 2006. Everything in decline, except the time spent in the FS, thats increasing for every publisher. Also, JW have the biggest turnover of any religion, ever. Just curious about the rest of the stats I guess, anyone know of a link? Thanks x

• agonus
    agonus

Check out the vid "2007 Statistics" on this site. Excellent easy-to-follow breakdown of the facts:

Watchtower Comments

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

JW facts has pretty good analysis on what is going on:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/statistics.php

I think the latest peak publisher count is 7.5 million, average publisher is 7.2 million or so.

Baptized is around 300k per year, but with a 1% DF rate and a 1% Death rate that takes away 150k each year alone. Add to that the "faders" and this religion is just becoming one big revolving door. I think a slow decline overall will start within 5 years.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

• agonus
    agonus

I think they still publish their stats on watchtower.org. I'm sure someone here has a link to recently published stats. Just apply the same math and see what u come up with. :)

• agonus
    agonus

Also keep in mind that a growing number of baptized are younger and younger born-ins. Go to a convention and see for yourself.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

As an agoraphobic, I wont be going to any conventions! Just found some truely shocking sats...61% of baptised witnessess since 1993 are MISSING!!!???

Also, the number of partakers in the memorial is increasing faster than the baptism rate!!!!

Thanks for the great links, very informative!

• Terry
    Terry

The so-called "preaching" work on succeeds in creating disposable Armageddon fodder.

Whereas Jesus spoke of the Good Shepherd who would leave 99 sheep just to save on stray, the active JW's

• jam
    jam

Pams girl; I don,t know the area you live in, but in my location you

can see the decrease in numbers. When was the last time A JW came

too your door. For me it,s been 6-7 months. I see the same two guys

in the street work looking at trees in their polyester suits. They may

brag about the increase but the preaching work is definitely down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit