...Aguest/Shelby is out of the Hospital and Recovering...

by OUTLAW 72 Replies latest jw friends

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Get well soon Shelby.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Wishing you a speedy recovery Shelby.

om

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I wondered what was up. Thanks for the update, OUTLAW.

Looking forward to your return, Shelby. Best wishes from this end of the spectrum.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Get well soon. You are missed!

• tec
    tec

:)

Love and peace, Shelby.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Just seen this, sorry you are having to go through this ordeal to get well, wishing you a speedy and full recovery sweetheart, hubby and I will be praying for you. I miss your posts, hurry up and get well soon.

Psalms 103 v 1-5 Romans 8 v 37 psalms 34 v 17 & 18

Your sister in Christ RosePetal

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings... and may you all have peace!

My sincere apologies for not responding sooner - I just didn't have the energy - and while I still am not up to par I didn't want to let another day go by without acknowledging and thanking you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. It has been a bit of an ordeal but not insurmountable. I would love to have my former virve back but recovery is estimated at 4-6 weeks. I rushed recovery after major surgery once before, a few years ago, and paid dearly for it so I am trying to take my time, this time.

Had some parts removed (no limbs, though, praise JAH!) due to my diabetes. Not to worry - they were expendable parts (LOL!) and since the flesh is of no use at all, I certainly won't miss them. But it has left me quite weak and easily winded when I exert myself.

I did not want to worry or impose my personal "stuff" on anyone so I didn't say anything - you all have enough to concern yourselves with, I am sure, in your own lives. And I knew I would be fine. In fact, as we (my husband, daughter, and I) were on our way to check in, my Lord said, "I am here with you, child. I am always with you and will be with you through this." And he was. I know because apparently there was some "problem" with my coming from under the anesthesia - the pain medications apparently stopped me from breathing on my own. I kept hearing my Lord say, "Breathe, child." After awhile I was able to wake up (I apparently thrashed off the oxygen mask trying to breath - LOLOLOL!)... but after awhile a nurse came to sit with me and watch me, literally telling me to breath when I would stop. Funny, just before SHE said it, I would hear my Lord say it, and breathe just as she was about to tell me.

Anyway, because of this, they greatly reduced the pain medication which resulted in... you guessed it... GREAT pain. It was either pain meds... or stop breathing. So, very little pain meds and... omigawd - how the flesh can protest when in pain!! As a result, what was supposed to be 1-2 hours in recovery turned into well over 8 hours. They finally released me to a room when they learned my husband was there and could watch for breathing cessation when the nurse was out of the room. He did and after a couple of "BREATHE, Shel!"s"... I began to breathe completely on my own (but I did have to push that med dose button many times for a couple days afterward, let me tell you!).

I am home now (2 weeks, Wednesday) and resting (too much, actually!) comfortably. But, again, I am very fatigued still. In that light, I will not be posting after today for another few weeks or so. By the time I do my breathing and other recovery "exercises" I am pretty exhausted (too exhausted to even think what to say, let alone write it), sometimes even needing a nap (as some of you know, diabetes tends to hinder the healing process so apparently this is normal).

More than that, however, given my physical limitations and weakness these days... and the sometimes "stressful" environment JWN can be... I have been considering possibly taking my leave from the board altogether. I have even expressed that to some. But I don't think that will be the case. I think that once I've fully recovered I will again be strong enough to share what my Lord gives me, as well as to make a defense to all here who call upon me to provide a reason for my faith. The latter, however, sometimes takes a measure of physical strength that I just don't have at the present. But time and my Lord will strengthen me, I have no doubt, so we will continue, soon.

In the meantime, thank you all, again... those who responded here, who emailed, PM'd, Facebooked, texted, and what have you... for all of your kind words and well wishes. Thank you, also, to those who did not... but made such in their hearts - I know you're out there, as well.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be granted to each and every one of you... and to your entire households... to time indefinite.

Again, peace to you all!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

Shelby

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Good wishes are being sent your way, Shelby. We look forward to your return.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

((((Shelby))))..

Rest up..

It will be nice to have you back..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Glad to hear that you're on the mend Shelby. Hubby just said we should visit you and he hopes you feel better soon.

Josie & Shawn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit