• wasblind
    wasblind

Damn!!!!!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• villabolo
    villabolo

But did the Governing Body get any Havana cigars?

Villabolo

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow. I remember brother Dan saying like a month ago that Dan Sydlik was signing bibles at bethel. These are the things that people dont know about, that the average rank and file witness have no clue about. Thats why its important to research things, and not go off what people want you know, but research how they found out about it, and how you feel about it then come to your own conclusion.

Does anybody know who the GB members are in the photograph? I'm guessing: Lloyd Barry, John Barr and Gerrit Losch?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Also I meant to add: USE LOGICAL THINKING!

• VM44
    VM44

Could it be that they are NOT autographing the Bibles, but rather writing gift inscriptions in them?

Something like "Please accept this copy of the NWT for your library," and then signed by the GB member?

• jay88
    jay88

Freddy is doing it big.

A lumber jack shirt with a cloth tie.

• scary21
    scary21

This was in the Watchtower so millions of JW saw it......but they didn't see it.........you know what I mean?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Could it be that they are NOT autographing the Bibles, but rather writing gift inscriptions in them?
    Something like "Please accept this copy of the NWT for your library," and then signed by the GB member?

And that would be different.........in what way??? I've been to quite a few book signings. They look exactly like that picture in the WT. I've never known an author to send a stand-in for a book signing.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    And that would be different.........in what way??? I've been to quite a few book signings. They look exactly like that picture in the WT. I've never known anauthor to send a stand-in for a book signing.

Exatly. The caption clearly says, "Governing Body members sign gift Bibles for public officials".

We call a person's signature in book or on boobies "an autograph".

Athletes autograph baseballs and footballs, jerseys and ball caps. The September 1st, 1972 Watchtower talks a bit discouragingly and negatively about sports heroes whose fans follow their pattern, eat the same food and wear the same styles of clothing, and mentions the “great clamor for their autographs”.

Movie stars, musicians and rock stars autograph photos, posters, music CD’s, DVD’s, and even belly buttons and bare breasts.

The January 15th, 1993 Watchtower, in an article entitled, Guard Against Idolatry of Every Sort, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses warns against putting anybody on a pedestal, and making him into an idol. They assert that idolatry can begin quite harmlessly by a person’s asking for an autograph as a souvenir. The article also discourages dressing and grooming like these celebrities, and reminds us that, for Christians, adoration belongs only to God.

The December 8th Awake! Magazine offers the perspective that those of notoriety who give out autographs might be demonstrating “selfish ego and personal vanity”.

Based on their Bible-trained consciences, and based on the viewpoint of Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, how would JW's view a situation in which, for example, the Pope met with corrupt politicians and publicly autographed Bibles for them as souvenirs?

Authors autograph books for their readers they themselves have written and had published. Does it mean anything if just anybody autographed a book they did not author themselves? Does it make sense or hold any value for Joe Blow to autograph Marilyn Monroe’s 1959 headshot?

The WTBTS makes it very clear who the Author of the Bible is, don’t they? They say Jehovah is the Bible's author. In the WT library, you can search and find many clear assertions by the WTBTS to this effect.

Based on everything I know about the Bible and the WTBTS’s published viewpoints on idolatry and religion prostituting themselves with governments and politicians, this is a clear case of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses blatantly acting out of harmony with Bible teachings as set forth and interpreted by the WT Society. But here it is. It’s in print, arrogantly documented by the WTBTS themselves. They autographed Bibles for worldly politicians. They used the occasion, very obviously a political one, as a photo op.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit