I committed un-suicide yesterday

by AlmightyDog 35 Replies latest watchtower medical

• wobble
    wobble

I never was good about carrying the card, or even filling one in, when I was active. I did not carry one for a few years before I left.

I now proudly carry my Blood Donor Card.

I too want the best treatment, with the lowest risk for me, but as I believe this life that I now have is the only one I can be sure of, I am not going to risk it in any way that I can control.

I think carrying a JW No-Blood card is endangering your life unnecessarily, if it arises that you are compos mentis so as to make a choice you can refuse a BT without carrying the card or claiming to be of any religion, if you are un-conscious you are silly to cause any delay in needed treatment that may occur if the card is found, don't lose your life because you are a bit squeemish.

• Inside Man
    Inside Man

If any of you still go to the hall. The secretary may come up to you and ask for a copy of your blood card so he can put it in the congregation file that they have on you, he will also want emergency contact info from you just in case they are looking for you if you fade away or there is a natural disaster in the area. So keep that in mind if you are about to transfer congregations.

• alias
    alias

I don't go to the hall, but they have a copy of my directive on file. So with a believing spouse and new signature on file, how might one get around this without declaring DA? That's the tricky part...

rock alias hard place

• Scully
    Scully

alias

We went through the motions of obtaining cards, signing them, and having them witnessed. Then as soon as we got home that night after the meeting, we lit a couple of candles, had some wine and ooops, the cards were no more.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ALMIGHTY DOG:

I got rid of that years ago when I started my fade. Funny, but over the holiday season I was visiting family. My elderly Dad keeps an old file cabinet in his garage. I had been organizing his papers in the house and shredding things that were no longer relevant, in order to make life simpler for him.

Anyway, I decided to tackle the 'junk' he may have saved in this file cabinet. I found a few relevant papers that I brought into the house and put in their proper place. But, I found something else. I found a copy of my no blood/health care proxy that I had executed back in the day when I was active in the JW religion along with a copy of my will and a covering letter (how dramatic). Now I understand why my parents hid this thing in the back of the file cabinet. It must have appeared so morbid to them that they could hardly look at it. I know I could hardly look at it now! Because my Dad is the nosey type, I folded it and carefully took it back in the house and went into the bathroom to read it by myself. What a trip down memory lane.

I then ran it through the paper shredder where it belonged.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

When I changed over my license last year, I made sure it was known I wanted to be an organ donor. I'm yet to get a blood donor card, but that's next on the list....I also registered to vote...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit