I committed un-suicide yesterday

by AlmightyDog 35 Replies latest watchtower medical

• AlmightyDog
    AlmightyDog

Yesterday I opened my wallet and took a long look at the (No) Blood Card prominently displayed inside. I have been convinced that this is not the truth for a couple of years now, and am trying to figure out whether to fade or DA. It hit me hard yesterday that with this piece of paper in my wallet, I could possibly end up dying for beliefs I no longer hold. So, I committed un-suicide by walking to the office shredder and watching the DPA card be cross-cut into ribbons.

I must encourage all faders and lurkers out there; If you don't whole-heartedly believe the blood doctrine, you have to get rid of the Blood Card. If you are involved in some tragic accident and are unconscious, doctors will have no choice but to follow your written wishes. Don't risk it.

Please, commit un-suicide with me.

AD

• mamalove
    mamalove

Did that a long time ago! Good reminder for people who do not clean out their wallet very much though!

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Good point, good advice :)

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I committed un-suicide in March of 2009...I bought a new wallet and was cleaning out my old one on a bench at the mall and I came across the "Let Me Die" card. So I tore that shit up, threw it in the trash, and even when I went back to the org for a little bit (just to make SURE I was making the right decision), I never asked for another one. The blood doctrine was one I never wholeheartedly believed in. I'm not about to die just because some old farts behind the curtain in Brooklyn say I should.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Getting rid of my blood card was one of the first things I did when I left the JWs. I always had it displayed in a "prominent" place in my wallet, but always made great efforts to hide it whenever I was in a checkout line. (it was embarrassing)

Getting rid of it was liberating.

W

• sabastious
    sabastious

BRAVO!

And welcome to the forum!

-Sab

• AlmightyDog
    AlmightyDog

Thanks all for the positive comments. Yes, it was a very liberating experience.

FF said

"Getting rid of my blood card was one of the first things I did when I left the JWs."

My point is that even those who have not yet left the JW's need to destroy the No Blood Card. It's easy to get rid of if you have cut your ties, but many here are faders or active members of the "conscious class" who have reasons why they are still in. Those may not find it so easy, or even have thought it necessary to get rid of the card. They may not be ready make a stand for what they now believe, but this is something that can be done relatively privately, and it could potentially save a life.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I did it as I started my fade...

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

: - )

• chickpea
    chickpea

about 2 hours of reading on this forum
    led me to the ultimate conclusion that
    my lapse in meeting attendance wasnt
    because of a lack of love for jah, it was