Crisis of Conscience, Chapter 3

by snowbird 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• snowbird
    snowbird

The chapter is entitled Governing Body, with a subheading entitled Three Monarchs.

In this chapter, Ray Franz thoroughly debunks the notion advanced by Fred Franz that WT leadership is modeled after a so-called 1st century governing body.

However, something else that got my attention was the fact that Rutherford was referred to as Chief by overseas JW's.

On page 70, there is a picture of the London Bethel Family.

The caption reads: "See 'em Grinning? The Chief Had Just Finished Telling Them Something in the "Colored Language."

Now, this really grabbed my attention!

Isn't it telling that the "channel of communication" from the Most High was not averse to having a little fun at the expense of a downtrodden people?

Syl

*text highlighting is mine*

• zoiks
    zoiks

Yes, the Most High chose a real bastard through whom to channel His communications!

Thanks for bringing that up, Syl. It's high time I perused that chapter again.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, an insensitive bastard, to say the least.

That statement about Rutherford's being the channel of communication from the Most High was entirely tongue-in-cheek.

Just from looking at his picture in WT publications, I knew something was not quite right about Rutherford.

I just knew it, and I'm so glad my intuition has been confirmed.

Syl

• pirata
    pirata

The original source for the picture/caption can be found here:

http://www.archive.org/details/1931MessengerBethSarim

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Ruthorford was in the right place at the right time and saw a chance at power and grabbed it.

In my opineon He did not appear to have any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I dont thing he even believed any of the doctrinal stuff either, it was just a vehicle to power, adulation. and money.

• diamondiiz
  • KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

I got the downloaded version and I never saw any pictures in that :(

• Joliette
    Joliette

Rutherford was more nutty then a jar of peanut butter. I never even seen that Syl. I'm gonna have to read that chapter again.

• blueweed
    blueweed

I think Ray Franz was never anointed.. so he didnt know what was going on in other GB members mind.

Everyone else was talking about anointedness and belief life in heaven but RayRay was like "WTH?? I dont feel it..what are you guys talking about?? you guys are fraud!!!!" This is all mans work!! I dont feel different!! dont lie to me!!

So basically Rayray was just a regular dude who tried to be and think and act like who he wasn't and coulndt keep up.

Ive talked to few annointed bros n sis in my life and they're just straight up different.

Unless 8000+ people were normal throughout their lives and just out of nowhere became straight up crazy and wacked out of their mind, only explanation is Rayray was never anointed.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You present a false dichotomy, blueweed. The fact that there are 8000 claiming to be anointed who are also certifiable loons doesn't in any way imply that another person claiming to be anointed but who is clear-thinking and rational must therefore NOT be. There is no logical reason to take a correllation from within a religious cult and apply it causally to a person who was smart and sane enough to RESIGN from that cult's leadership.

It could just as easily be that the 8000 crazies you're talking about are NOT anointed but just deluded and that Ray Franz IS/WAS.

I don't know what happens after we die but if there's a heaven, Ray Franz is there. He was a genuinely good person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit