Jesus between age 12 and 30. . .

by Mad Sweeney 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mat
    Mat

Google "Holger Kersten". He reconed Jesus visited India. Article here:

http://www.spinninglobe.net/jesusinindia.htm

I just think the eastern similarities in the gospel teachings are a gnostic influence of aquiering wisdom from all over the world. The world of the time did have a spice/silk route, and even Alexanda the Great reached India.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

It's odd that one who questions the historical references to Christ would

accept the tales and myths of eastern teachers as "proof" of Christ

being in the east during his youth. I could understand if you rejected

all sources because of your own doubt. But it seems quite inconsistant

that you would pick and choose only those sources that support your

personal views regardless of how far-fetched they might be. Let's hope

that you live up to your handle as "prodigal son", a biblical parable.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It isn't "proof" to me, because I don't need proof in order to believe he lived. He lives in consciousness right now. Neither do I "doubt". It simply is not important if the stories are accurate. It was the man's message that matters, not his life history or what countries he traveled to. He was an ascended Master who had many incarnations, and may have a few more before we're finished with our evolution.

The day is coming when everything will be known by everyone... an awakened group consciousness for the human race upon planet earth.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

If speculation gives a distorted view of the source and basis of Jesus'

message, then history becomes important to understand the context

of his teachings. The early Gnostics thought themselves intellectually

superior for their understanding of the secret knowledge (gnosis) about

Christ. But the average believer was drawn to his message because

it was about the love of God and love of neighbor. It was a simple message

all could understand.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Although Jesus is a shadowy figure, and all he actually wrote was when he bent down and wrote something in the sand that was never recordered; obviously he was a remarkable man.

Something about him convinced Paul to spend his life spreading the word about the Jesus cult.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Of course he came to ENGLAND:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTVwFgL8Y7w

And did those feet in ancient time
    Walk upon England's mountains green
    And was the holy lamb of God
    On England's pleasant pastures seen

And did the countenance divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills
    And was Jerusalem builded here
    Among those dark Satanic mills

Bring me my bow of burning gold
    Bring me my arrows of desire
    Bring me my spears o'clouds unfold
    Bring me my chariot of fire

I will not cease from mental fight
    Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
    'Til we have built Jerusalem
    In England's green and pleasant land
    'Til we have built Jerusalem
    In England's green and pleasant land

Please feel free to sing along and wave your Union Jack and/or Flag ofSt George

George

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Hey Mat, that was a great link you posted. I found this on there, about the book "The Search For the Historical Jesus" from Apocryphal, Buddhist, Islamic and Sanskrit sources by Professor Fida Hassnain.

http://www.spinninglobe.net/histjesusearch.html

When one begins digging into the wealth of historical material presented here, Professor Hassnain's proposition is not nearly as far-out as it first might suggest. For instance, writes Hassnain, it has been forgotten how wide the Jewish diaspora was in ancient times, extending into Asia to such an extent that several Hebrew prophets, including Samuel and Ezekiel, are reported to have been buried along the great Silk Road to the East, that ancient highway which stretched all the way from Rome to Cathay, and disciples Thomas and Simon Peter are believed to have traveled to India after the crucifixion. Thomas is known to have founded a Christian sect in south India which survived for many centuries, the traces of which can still be found. There is substantial anecdotal evidence, too, that Moses, like Jesus, spent his last days in Kashmir as well, and the tomb which is locally believed to contain the remains of the greatest Hebrew leader of all is still, to this day, tended by Semitic-looking people. He also discovered among various Kashmiri groups a number of current religious practices, including the koshering of food, the east-west orientation of graves and the blowing of the shofar which can clearly be traced back to the tribes of Israel. By Hassnain's linguistic analysis, ten percent of the Kashmiri language contains Hebrew derivatives.

Thus, concludes Professor Hassnain, it is entirely plausible that Jesus would have made a return journey eastward after the violent reaction to his public life in the Holy Land. That there was a first visit, during the so-called "lost years" when Jesus is reported to have "traveled to the East," is beyond question, according to numerous sources cited by the author. Sections of the book read like a good detective novel. Hassnain was put onto Jesus' trail in the East by the chance discovery in Ladakh of the diaries of a German Moravian missionary who mentioned the travels in Tibet and Ladakh of a 19th-century Russian journalist by the name of Nicolas Notovitch. The diaries led Hassnain to Notovitch's book, The Unknown Life of Christ, in which the author writes that while he was recovering from a bad fall at the Tibetan Buddhist monastery known as Hemis in Ladakh, the head Lama read to him ancient historical documents about Jesus' life in India.

• Mat
    Mat

Thanks Prodical Son. On the subject of Jesus visiting England and the Jerusalem song, there is this very interesting article:

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/3271/jesus_in_britain.html

It recons that there was a tradition that Joseph of Aramathea was Jesus' uncle, and a travelilng merchant, and sometimes visited Britania with his wares and sometimes took his holy nephew with him on his travels, so, Jesus visited England as a small child. William Blake made reference to the legend in the song he wrote which we know as the Jerusalem song.

Another article about Jesus in the east:

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/154/jesus_of_the_east.html

But then the Mormans recon he visited America after his resurection!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good links and references, everyone. The kind of stuff I was hoping to see in this thread.

Very interesting stuff.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Maybe you'll like this one too, Mad Sweeney....

I'm in the process of studying the entire Law of One series of channelings. It's word searchable, and here's what comes up for "Jesus"... one more source concurring what you read about Jesus killing the young boy.... and a lot of other interesting stuff like why Jesus really came here and why he was willing to sacrifice his life for others..... it's all about "service to others" instead of "service to self".... and forgiveness. It's the difference between good and evil (sheep and goats)......

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?search_string=jesus&search_type=any

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit