My visit to the Hall Last Night- Highlights

by TR 28 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Picosito and jaded,

I remember those days too, and you are right things were more lively and fun.

I just pulled out my "speech counsel" sheet from the TMS in 1960. One of the items that was rated back then was enthusiasm. Is it still considered? Reason I ask, the recent experience of TR and my own, this past summer make me wonder. I attended half a day of a Convention. I found the speakers to be articulate, very well organized, and prepared. However, all the talks had a sameness in style with an almost a robot like quality to them. I was very struck by this.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I musta missed this, but why did you go? My last meeting was in December 1979. Was it Jaded that said they used to be interesting then? Cripes what must they be like now???? The mind boggles.

Marilyn

• TR
    TR

Hi Marilyn,

I just wanted to sit in at a meeting knowing what I now know. I wanted to experience a meeting in that context. I wanted to record the meeting, but nothing worth recording until I get into a private conversation, or the cong. gets a spanking during the "local needs" part, which I missed.

I think the next meeting I'll spill that I am da'd to an elder. THAT conversation I'll want to record.

Thanks, Makena!

Hmmm,

LOL! I wouldn't doubt it if someone on this forum figured out which cong. I went to. NAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

TR, what I simply do not understand is how you could have chosen to go to a meeting on the night that Rose Red was running its concluding episode.

WHERE ARE YOUR PRIORITIES?!!!!????!!!!

• TR
    TR

Red,

no worries, I got home right when Rose Red started! LOL!

Cool conclusion, btw. Beat the shit out of the meeting.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

• Beans
    Beans

Hey Brother:
    A major oppourtunity missed,you should have slipped a Playboy Mag in the elders case!Now that would have stirred up some shit at the after meeting pow wow!Hey did you get to post anything on the washroom wall for me?Tell them your a Lesbian too and you have been dealing with it for years and Jehovah is helping you through it!
    Beans

• TR
    TR

LOL Beans!

I'll wait until they can trust me a bit, then I'll play a bit. LOL!

I think I'll write a "love letter" from one elder to another, and drop it on the floor somewhere.

TR

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

TR, when I read your account of the KH meeting I imagined I heard this wierd music and thought for a minute I was in the TWILIGHT ZONE Then suddenly I realized I am not but in the OUTER LIMITS instead
    Seriously though, I think they are trying to slip in some new light to get them off the hook about condeming all who are not JW's by saying "the meek will inherit the earth". I always used that scripture when my children used to ask me if only witnesses would be in paradise. They stole my line

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Geez, I've been outa the Troof so long that I'm even falling behind with my Steven King reading. What's Rose Red like?

TR, you are a better man than I. (don't let details like the fact that I'm a woman interfer!!!) There is NO WAY I could sit thru a meeting. I can't read more than about two sentences of a WT without wanting to puke.
    Marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit