I feel great today!

by Dubby 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Dubby
    Dubby

For years I denied myself the thing I loved to do the most to be a good JW. I love to ride off-road motorcycles. So, I am going to indulge myself and get a new dirt bike.

I love to see God's creation from the vantage point of a motorcycle on a mountain top. The journey there and back is the most fun thing I've ever experienced.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

While I agree that getting out and enjoying Jehovah's creation is a wonderful thing, I do have to disagree with your means of transportation.

It's much better to get out there on the back of a horse. :)

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dubby when I had my motorbike I use to ride along the escarpment of Niagara Falls. Now that's a sight to see!

• Ozzygal
    Ozzygal

I love motorbikes. I always wanted to learn to ride one myself. Go for it!!!

• Dubby
    Dubby

Now RHW, the motorcycle has a smoother ride, what with all the new suspension the bikes have. I have no desire to chap my a** on the back of a horse! But, I respect horseback riders, all my kids have taken horseback riding lessons, and they loved it. When I approach a horse in the woods, I am respectful and try not to disturb the big, slobbering, messy, stinky beasts that if they fell on you they would kill you. :)

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

Edited by - dubby on 23 May 2000 12:58:39

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Now, Dubby, don't tell me that we are going to have to debate this. :)

I ride a gaited horse, which is as smooth as sitting on an easy chair on wheels.

I've smelled dirt bikes (not pleasant), and I've had a motorcyle fall on me (also not pleasant). On the other hand, horses smell sweetly of hay and sweat and give you soft, nuzzly kisses at the end of a ride. They can also move out of your way....unlike a dirt bike, which just rams into you.

We ALL know that horses are much, much better than dirt bikes. :P

• Dubby
    Dubby

Oh my dear sweet RHW,

The motorcycle goes where you point it, goes when you want it to go, and stops when you want it to, unlike a horse. Also, cleaning up after a dirt bike is much easier than a horse, it's cheaper to store and feed, and it doesn't do that messy birthing thing. The Dirt bike is much easier to transport, too. Horses don't have headlights to see in the dark and they can't do highway speeds when you want them to. Oh, and look out for those low hanging branches, OUCH! :)

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Valid points, my dear Dubby. However, horses start and stop when you want them to, and they also go where you point them. Unlike dirt bikes, however, if you happen to point them at a tree or toward the edge of a cliff that you can't see, horses will stop before hitting said tree or careening over said cliff to ask "hey, are you REALLY sure you want to do this?" Horses don't need headlights to see in the dark, and they see much better than we do.

If you are lost, do you take your hands off the handlebars and let the dirt bike find it's way home? I think not.

Cleaning up after a horse is not that bad...besides the horse residue is GREAT for your garden, unlike dirt bike effluent.

Horses eat grass...no cost. Even if supplemented, a bale of hay costs $3.50 and is enough for one horse for almost a week. Let's see....gas is how much per gallon? Housing....well, my horses use a run-in shed, they don't need a fancy garage, and frequently sheltering under a tree suits them just fine. Their paint doesn't chip, and their "tires" don't need to be replaced. Average usable years for a horse is 25 to 30. Average usable years for a dirt bike? Well....it isn't anywhere close.

My gelding is unlikely to produce offspring....so no messy birthing process. Even if you did breed a mare, however, they generally take care of it by themselves, and then you have a replacement for when the original wears out. Do dirt bikes provide their own free replacements?

Easier to transport? Not really. You take a dirt bike to where you want to ride it on a trailer. You take a horse to where you want to ride it on a trailer. No difference. Or, you can hop on your horse in your backyard and ride locally....just as you could with your dirt bike.

Highway speeds? Okay, horses don't do highway speeds, but the whole purpose of dirt bikes and/or horses is to get OFF the highway, so that point is moot.

(hehehehe) Concede yet?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"Never mind Pete" they assured me "You'll have all the time in the world to ride off road bikes in the New System"

(sure I will...sure I will )

• One_day
    One_day

I loved motorcycles.....I mean, I use live and dream about them 24hrs a day. Dirt bikes and road bikes. Imagined I'd be a world champion. I realized in time it could never have happened because when my brother started riding he was a real natural, hugely gifted, I was not.

Still given my time over, I would certainly give racing a go. But then I might have died and never had sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit