Another New Guy

by MartynAndrew 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• nugget
    nugget

Everyone is entitled to a moment of madness and at least the witnesses were part of the initial process of breaking some of the old habits. It is good that you have been able to move on from this part of your life before you were made dependent on it's structure. Welcome

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

• MartynAndrew
    MartynAndrew

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes my brother is out. Yeah I was about 22 when I first came in, and not really prepared for craziness on the scale that is the Watch Tower, they looked so together and had all the answers. I remember asking people if they really believed all this and they would say-Yes. They said they looked in to it and that some had left and came back when they realized what they were missing and things like that, they talk a good game, at least some did. Well, as someone mentioned I'm glad I didn't get roped in too badly and was able to walk, and didnt have to go through the whole thing as a child. Again, thanks. Marty

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome...good escape.

Loz x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It sounds like you and your bro had a lucky escape there Martyn

Thank goodness for that.

Cheers

Chris

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

I was developing the forearm of a tennis pro from all the sex and had to leave

LOL Good one Marty

• snakeface
    snakeface

Welcome Marty!

I, too, came in from "the world" in my early 20's. I have to admit that my time in the organization did serve a purpose at that phase of my life. It did help me make some changes in myself. But eventually I started to realize some things were wrong so I got out.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome aboard Marty!

It's always encouraging to hear a refreshing report from a distant land.

Nice escape! Glad you weren't in for too long.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit