Anonymous attack on the Watchtower?

by Nickolas 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Have you ever heard of Anonymous?

Anonymous is an amorphos underground collective of internet activists - interactivists. Many of their activities are illegal, or at least reside in the grey area of legality. Some refer to them as hacktivists. They hack into the servers of organisations they perceive to be corrupt, immoral, unjust, greedy or just plain evil. They steal and leak information, shut down websites, infiltrate and disrupt email systems. They seek truth, liberty, freedom, fairness and justice - sort of like your typical comic book superhero, only Anonymous is real. Real and virtual at the same time. They don't have a face, they have no leadership (although Barrett Brown, who co-authored Flock of Dodos: Behind Modern Creationism, Intelligent Design and the Easter Bunny with Jon P. Alston, has been widely associated with Anonymous as its informal spokesman and strategist) and they have no headquarters. They just are. And it is entirely likely that a number of them is among us here on JWN.

Anonymous has taken on several causes, some political, some social, some secular and, yes, some religious. In 2008, Anonymous launched Project Chanology, an attack on the Church of Scientology's website that successfully took it out of action after the Church threatened legal action in response to an unflattering YouTube post. This year already, they have launched Operation Westboro against the notorious homophobic Baptist church, in which the WBC website was hacked during a live radio debate between a Westboro representative and an Anonymous participant.

I am not advocating an attack of this nature on the Watchtower. I am wondering when it might happen.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Nick,

I don't think the WTS need hackers, most of their own literature

does them harm. Their writing dept. is a malignant tumor within

this organization check out some of the stuff in the proclaimers book

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/206897/2/CO-was-asking-for-money-in-his-talk-last-night

• LV101
    LV101

GOTTA LOVE THOSE HACKERS! i appreciate they're hard work and the TRUTH might hurt these dangerous cults someday.

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

Anonymous won't attack the Watchtower. The Watchtower is no where near as threatening as Scientology or Westboro. I personally think Anonymous isn't concerned about the Watchtower at all and has no desire to cause them harm now or in the future.

• TD
    TD

Aaron Bar certainly found out the hard way not to provoke them. But outside of some form of provocation I wonder if the WT is worthy of notice?

• Este
    Este

I am not advocating an attack of this nature on the Watchtower. I am wondering when it might happen.

You are anonymous you are parading around as a monkey, cute one I might add lol......what are you thinking is going to happen to the W.T.S.? They are not the "true religion" you know. They in fact are not the faithful and discreet slave as they claim. What do you think is happening in the world today? Would you like to know? I will tell you all you need to know based upon what I am allowed by GOD to know......

I am Estephan, not a hidden anomynous person, I am the faithful and discreet slave as you have learned about in the W.T.S. Do you believe me? I can prove it you know How you might ask, well for one based upon what I teach I can prove it......there are other things as well just ask.

Estephan

Same Guy, Different Photo

E....

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The Watchtower is no where near as threatening as Scientology or Westboro.

That's a perception I don't share, but I respect your right to it. Perhaps is it more like Anonymous doesn't know about the Watchtower and the evil it does.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

No thanks, Estephan. Nice haircut, though.

• poppers
    poppers

This year already, they have launched Operation Westboro against the notorious homophobic Baptist church, in which the WBC website was hacked during a live radio debate between a Westboro representative and an Anonymous participant.

That's great! I hadn't heard this before. See this: http://www.thetechherald.com/article.php/201108/6848/Anonymous-drags-Westboro-Baptist-Church-out-of-closet-for-trolling-attempt

Who knows what's really going on.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Ohh... I didn't know they did that. I found a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJwSjor4hM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit