Translating the NWT in the Shadows

by JuanMiguel 123 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kjw53
    kjw53

Consider these facts--- God inspired his name to be put into the bible- nearly 6800 times in the ot-Why???? Because God wants his name there--Wicked men took it out and altered Gods word, So out of Love the JW,s put it back, then are condemned for it by the ones who didnt have enough love for God to put it back=reality= The ones who didnt have enough love for God are the ones who twisted Gods word centuries ago to fit their new found teaching of a trinity God made up in the councils of catholocism. Its fact-in the first council of Nicea-the holy spirit was not being taught as a part of being God-it was added at a different council- Fact-Moses,David,Solomon served a single mono God. You are being lied to and mislead by this trinity teaching. A teaching of satan,satan transforming into an angel of light.satan posing as God like in all false religions.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

First off, my apologies for going off topic. Tranlsating the NWT in the Shadows is an excellant topic that should be seen with open eyes.

Hello KJW53 and welcome to the board [or welcome again if you recently changed your username], if I may address your latest post [and my apologies for being absent as of late. As I read some of these earlier posts, I cringe.] ...KJW53 wrote

Consider these facts--- God inspired his name to be put into the bible- nearly 6800 times in the ot-Why???? Because God wants his name there--Wicked men took it out and altered Gods word, So out of Love the JW,s put it back, then are condemned for it by the ones who didnt have enough love for God to put it back=reality=

It's interesting to note that the Jews never spoke even Yahwey except on rare occassions. I would concede that their way of using God's name is the most accurate, but that is just my opnion. The 1st recorded use of the name 'Jehovah' dates from the 13th century C.E. Raymundus Martini, a spanish monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book PUGEO FIDEI in the year 1270. Hebrew scholars generally favor 'Yahwey' as the most likely pronounciation. Aid to Bible Understanding [WTS, 1971 884-885.] Now to me, Jehovah is a name that follows the traditions of men. Even the Aid to Bible book acknowledges that YAHWEY is the most likely pronounciation. {Please don't try to rebutt that JW's know God's name better than the Jews}

The ones who didnt have enough love for God are the ones who twisted Gods word centuries ago to fit their new found teaching of a trinity God made up in the councils of catholocism. Its fact-in the first council of Nicea-the holy spirit was not being taught as a part of being God-it was added at a different council-

There are several scriptural contridictions with these statement, I'll be as direct and brief as I can. Of course, it is true that the word "Trinity" is not in the bible, but there are certainly plenty of verses that equate the Holy Ghost to God. ie Jesus raised his body himself [John 10;17-18] The Holy Ghost raised Jesus from the dead [Romans 8:11] YHWH raised Jesus from the dead [Galatians1;1 & Thessolonians 1;10] to name a few. Other verses include [but are not limited to] The Father dwells in believers [1 Corinthians 3;16-17] The Holy Ghost dwells in believers [John 14;16-17] Jesus dwells in believers [1 John 3;24]. A few more verses about the Holy Ghost in scripture. HE loves [Roman 15;30] He can be grieved [Eph 4;30] He has a conscience will [1 Coronthians 12;11] He can be outraged [Heb 10;29] and HE can be blasphemed [Mark 3;29]......Only God can be blasphemed my friend.

Fact-Moses,David,Solomon served a single mono God. You are being lied to and mislead by this trinity teaching.

It is true that in Deut 6;4 ,known as the Jewish Sh[c]ma you would read 'Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.' What you [and many others] are omitting is the fact that the Hebrew word for ONE in Duet 6;4 is 'echad'. In Hebrew there are two words for 'ONE'. There is yachid-meaning only one, singular or alone. Then there is 'echad' suggesting a unity of things. morning and evening become "ONE" ['echad'] day, husband and wife became "ONE" ['echad'] flesh. And it is in this writting that the Hebrew scripture are [and have been] written. So right back then the writers knew that there was more to God than what was understood. A 'new light' that didn't change what was there, only added to it.

A teaching of satan,satan transforming into an angel of light.satan posing as God like in all false religions.

I don't think that Jesus was [or is] a liar. Do you? You see, I have had JWs at my door telling me that Jesus never said that Peter was the rock to build a church. I'd have them come in and look at Matthew 16;18 'And I tell you, you are Peter [Rock], and on this rock I will build my church' . Peter alone is given the keys of the kingdom of heaven Matt 16;19. Jesus told Peter to feed his sheep [3 times], Jesus prayed that Peter's faith would be strong so he could strengthen the other apostles. Even the angels in scritpure acknowledge Peter's authority when an angel tells Cornelious to seek Peter for Christian instruction. When Christ rose from the dead and angel sends a message to Peter and the apostles [2 Peter 1;16-21 & Mark 16;7 respectively] In the Jerusalem Council [in Acts 15] it was Peter who was in charge, even though James was the 'bishop' of Jerusalem at the time. What all this means is that the Catholic faith traces it's history to those moments. The BIble is a Catholic book, they choose the books that were to be in it. If you think that they are wrong, then how could you trust anything in the bible? Pick up a Koran or the Book of Mormon and good luck if that were the case, am I right? Why go door to door with book confirmed by 'pagans'. Because Jesus said the gate of hell would never prevail against his Church, that may be why. There is only one Church in history where it's beliefs and traditions span nearly 2000 years. In Acts 5; 33-39 the rabbi Gamaliel states that if these [Christian] teachings are from God, nothing can stop them, if they're from men, they will disperse . There is no other church that has stood the test of time.

The bishops of Rome are well documents and below are the first 10 [sorry if this is boring to anyone].

Peter [32-67], Linus [67-76], Anacletus [Cletus] {76-88}, Clement [88-97], Evarstus [97-105], Sixtus [115-125], Telephorus [125-136], Hyginus [136-140], Pius [140-155]

Please understand that it is not my intention to insult anyones belief and I don't expect to convert anyone, but just pointing out the scriptural texts that rebut your claims.

Respectfully,

dc

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked again by accident

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit