Question

by is there help out there 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Spade
    Spade
    ROFL mrsjones...
    *Wonders if Spade actually can form a coherent thought and opinion without the help of CTRL + C and CTRL + V*
    Where's OUTLAW's Muttley when you need it???

It's my blog.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Stress is one area where they shouldn't be accused of being miserly givers!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rylander's Study..
    About four percent of the eligible Swedish population was judged psychologically "unfit" for military service,
    and the corresponding figure for Witnesses was 21 percent, or five times greater.
    Watchtower 02/01/1992 p. 13 Is not Jehovah a generous God?..
    .....Spade/AliceInWonderLand

The risk of being Mentally UnBalanced,is 5 times Higher if your a JW..

I can see why your Attracted to the WBT$/JW Cult..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Alice/ spade,

let me tell you about holy spirit, It is so powerful that it

1) filled a room and cause people to speak in different langauges

2) parted the red sea

3) and Impregnated a virgin

But yet this same Holy Spirit can't seem to convey not one reliable message to the WTS

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

But yet this same Holy Spirit can't seem to convey not one reliable message to the WTS

There's a bad connection and I don't think it's the HS' fault.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ fired Jesus as Mediator..

The Holy Spirit does`nt associate with Anti-Christ Organizations..

When Satan`s Busy..You can Count on the WBT$ ..

"WBT$"..

"Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap."

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/4256.gif

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

" There's a bad connection and I don't think it's the HS' fault "

You got that right Josie

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus
    Some critics reference bias or scientifically flawed studies as evidence of higher levels of mental illness amongst Jehovah's Witnesses in comparison with contemporary society and attempt to identify reasons why this could be the case

The link on "critics" goes to jwfacts! Well done, Spade! But now you need to refute it.

The Mental Health of Jehovah's Witnesses by John Spencer is widely quoted though the findings are dubious. This found that in the 3 year period from 1971 to and including 1973, 7,546 inpatients were admitted to the West Australian Mental Health Service Psychiatric Hospitals, of which 50 were active Witnesses. This represents a rate of 2.54/1000 for the general population and 4.17/1000 for Jehovah's Witnesses.

That's a worry, considering that jws are discouraged from seeking professional help. True happiness is found in more meetings, more study, more field service, isn't it?

Psychiatric and psychological evaluations don't ask about or include religion in their assessments. A legitimate psychiatric hospital doesn't maintain religious beliefs in their patient records. Some studies were conducted while Jehovah's Witnesses were being persecuted by the secular authorities in the 1940's. This can hardly be deemed scientifically accurate or non-bias

Any reference for what psychological evaluations do or don't include, or just "take my word for it"? The Spencer study was conducted in the 1970s, not the 1940s, so the second sentence is irrelevant.

Retro

• Spade
    Spade
    Alice/ spade,
    let me tell you about holy spirit, It is so powerful that it
    1) filled a room and cause people to speak in different langauges
    2) parted the red sea
    3) and Impregnated a virgin

All Scripture is inspired of God ... 2 Timothy 3:16

After the original Bible cannon was sealed, God's Spirit was principally instituted to be a helper in interpreting the scriptures and displaying the nine fruits of the spirit.

“While remaining with you I have spoken these things to you. But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you. John 14:25-26

On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus impaled the flesh together with its passions and desires.

If we are living by spirit, let us go on walking orderly also by spirit. Let us not become egotistical, stirring up competition with one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:22-26

Such help enabled them to recall Jesus’ instructions and teachings, to clarify points of doctrine, and to be progressively guided into all the truth revealed to them. If the faithful and discreet slave bestowed some special ability in interpreting the scriptures, wouldn't that foster jealousy? The faithful and discreet slave has simply invested more time toward this end. I've always been justifiably impressed with Watchtower Society's Bible-based literature in spite of the sentiment from those that lack respect for others.

re chap. 2 p. 9 The Grand Theme of the Bible

Interpreting the Scriptures: The mysteries locked up in the book of Revelation have for long baffled sincere students of the Bible. In God’s due time, those secrets had to be unlocked, but how, when, and to whom? Only God’s spirit could make known the meaning as the appointed time drew near. (Revelation 1:3) Those sacred secrets would be revealed to God’s zealous slaves on earth so that they would be strengthened to make known his judgments. (Matthew 13:10, 11) It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible. Like Joseph of old, we say: “Do not interpretations belong to God?” (Genesis 40:8) At the same time, however, we firmly believe that the explanations set forth herein harmonize with the Bible in its entirety, showing how remarkably divine prophecy has been fulfilled in the world events of our catastrophic times.

• Spade
    Spade

After viewing OUTLAW's posts and anyone who takes pleasure in them, trusting them is no different than snuggling up with a propaganda artist like Adolf Hitler. I'm not the sligtest bit swayed by their opinions about “God's spirit” or anything else.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20000622/article_02.htm

"By clever and persevering use of propaganda even heaven can be represented as hell to the people, and conversely the most wretched life as paradise." —ADOLF HITLER, MEIN KAMPF.

His propaganda is trashy but not particularly clever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit