Idiocy wins over rationale! I am mad as a hatter

by cyberjesus 11 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Sorry I needed a place to vent. I am just flaming to see idiocy in action and how emotions, suppositions, assumptions and conclussions without evidence will not control someones head, and thoughts if you can call it that.

I am usually very patient (thanks to my fing JW background) and I try to use rationale ALL the time. But sometimes there is someone who would just refuse to think. And since I am emotionally vested my freaking desire to help the person reason so the person can see their position.

But sometimes people refuse to see anything that goes against what they believe to be the truth.....

Sorry If I am vague here. I just needed to write this down.... Exhausting day today! Reason wont penetrate a head blocked by ego and fear.

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

Reason wont penetrate a head blocked by ego and fear.

Know what you mean. Had a visit from a couple of JWs, who I offcourse know, and thought great got a few things Ill smack them round with, but as I thought back to the last talk , about blood , actually had them thinking and agreeing until I asked where the bloodguilt was in regards to ones who died before the 'new light' shone. You could watch the defence shutters come down and a beautifully crafted 'Watchtower Political avoid answering the question', skilfully executed.

Didn't pursue it any further[ no need] this time similar to what you said above stopped me saying to much, working didn't help although I offer to stop and have a drink. Fishing techniques...wind in slow and play the bait. FF

• flipper
    flipper

CYBERJESUS- Sorry you're dealing with an unreasonable person. You stated, " reason won't penetrate a head blocked by ego and fear. " And might I add " also blocked by mind control. " Hope things work out better for you with this person. It can be tough, if you ever need to talk- feel free to call, you have my number. By the way - PM me your address if you will. I have a CD picture disk from our gathering last year to send to you ! Peace out guy, Mr. Flipper

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Head (thinking one) . . . . banging . . . . brick wall = headache . . . . subject doesn't matter . . . head still hurts

I ain't figured out how to bang my head against a brick wall successfully yet . . . but I've been working on it for 7 years . . . optimistically expecting a breakthrough soon . . . feel free to vent while waiting . . . and keep the hat on

Luvonyall

• villabolo
    villabolo

Murray Smith: "I ain't figured out how to bang my head against a brick wall successfully yet . . ."

A steel helmet; well cushioned on the inside; with a metal spike; might be of help.

Villabolo

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Sorted the head protection bit out already Villabolo . . . although I like your style . . . it's the gettin a hole in the bloody wall that's pulled me up short . . . for now.

I am genuinely researching and assembling (even testing where possible) various ideas on this subject . . . will report back ASAP . . . but be patient . . . this is tough-end coal-face stuff . . . it needs time

• blondie
    blondie

It's amazing how many people belong to the DON'T CONFUSE ME WITH THE FACTS organization.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Yeah . . . bleedin unbelievable really . . . the "mind control" threads help with the 'why' but not the 'how'

Heavily weighted implications attached to acceptance of even the most simple, obvious, and reasonable argument are a tremendous hurdle . . . the ol' "what will it mean for me if this IS right" scenario . . . great mind control technique.

I believe however this same fear/guilt implication based approach can be used in the other direction also . . . working on it

Gotta session with a brilliant psych counseler coming up soon (I'm crazy you see) . . . gonna run it by him

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Its the worst when these hard-headed people are people you care for and your desire to help and clarify things is labelled manipulative. When you want to help and they you are blame to have ulterior motives.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm right there with ya. I try to say it's the mind-control, the training, the refusal to think more than "idiocy." I am an idiot in many ways but I admit that and try to think, try to look for myself. Anyway, strength to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit