NZ Earthquake Update

by Murray Smith 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Hey All . . . thought I'd chuck in a graphic of aftershocks for last two months here in CHCH NZ

Bear in mind these have been going on for more like 7 months all up . . . . but then you wouldn't see the map if I put them all up

The brightly colored ones on top are todays

If your interested in geology of Earthquakes go to www.geonet.co.nz and surf around . . . quite interesting

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Fascinating...

Are you still on the NI or you back home?

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Hi BP . . . I'm in NI at present as my son had to get out for his health . . . going back to family next week . . . March 18-20 high risk period as moon closest to Earth in 20 yrs . . . but you know I'll keep you posted!

If you go to the site . . . try 'earthquakes' - 'quake drums' - 'Mcqueens Valley' (CHCH) . . . gives last 24 hrs of seismometer readings line by line.

Also, 'recent quakes' - then scroll down and pick out a 4+ mag quake - click bottom line - 'shaking maps' . . . gives all public reports on that quake . . . if such interests you that is.

Luvonyall

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Hi Murray,

Good to see you've been able to get a bit of distance from the shakin'. I'm out of town for a few days myself from tomorrow but will email you again next week. Lots to talk about.

MM.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Cheers Mr M . . . thanks for that. Managed to get in a days fishin' and meet a couple of JWN posters while I'm up here. Love this site.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Wow Murray, I didn't know how many aftershocks happened after a major earthquake! Glad to hear your family is safe.

Enjoy the fishing

The South Island is in a pretty bad spot when it comes to earthquakes . . .

3Mozzies

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

The quake has disrupted the sewage system So many have taken the opportunity to showcase their creative talents. Good one Kiwis not to let it get you down http://www.showusyourlongdrop.co.nz/

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Love the loo website!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit