Who are still in and who has left the JW Org? Why?

by STRUGGLE 31 Replies latest jw friends

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

Good Morning!
    Hi was just wondering who are still active in the organization and do you have doubts? Those of you who have left, briefly what made you leave, do you have any regrets, and was it hard making new friends?

As for me I have been dis'f for a few months, and I still attend the meetings. (I also have friends who are dis'f) We do not discuss this board.

I am however making new wordly friends and doing things with them.
    I sit at the meetings and listen to the talks and think how many people there feel as I do but are afraid to rock the boat.

Why do I still attend the meetings? Because I am not sure if I am going to leave all together so I am covering all my bases. I still beleive in some of the things they teach, some things my eyes have been open.

Thanks

"Still struggling what to do, leave or stay and be quiet"

• DIM
    DIM

my last meeting will be in 2 weeks from Sunday. I'm moving away and I'll never attend another meeting ever again. The "truth" isn't true, Jehovah's Witnesses are basically Nazi's always saying how they are the chosen race and very hypocritical and judgemental. Most of their core teachings are either not based on the bible or based on a deluded interpretations of the bible. I'd love for a JW to show me how they got to the important years 1919 and 1935 from the bible. Pathetic.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Struggle,

As for me I have been dis'f for a few months, and I still attend the meetings. (I also have friends who are dis'f) We do not discuss this board.
    If you are going to meetings then maybe you want to be re-instated. Also, DF'd people who want to return are not allowed to associate with other DF'd people. You are meant to be lonely and contrite, dammit!

Englishman.

Hey! Now you are an outie, you can dance too!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Hi, Struggle.
    I am still active at all the meetings. My situation, although difficult, is not unlike many others on the Board. I am taking baby steps to break the chains that hold me captive in the Org. I have already expressed myself to my active, loyal JW wife and to my active, pioneer, elder, brother. However, they think that I will get through or over my doubts.
    Apparently, they don't know me vewy well, doo dey? ;o)

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

Hi Englishman

That is why my name is Struggle becuase, I am still confuse.
    Anyway one thing I will do is talk to dis'f people even if I am reinstated. That is not love to cut a person off like that.

This I learned first hand.

• DIM
    DIM

thats funny Mister Biggs, I discussed many of my doubts w/ my pioneer mother who goes to a neighboring congregation.....she is basically convinced that i'm depressed b/c i'm not a servant. I guess people will think what they want to think....they cannot allow their minds to believe that you don't believe many of the teachings of the WTS. Anything I brought up (the UN, 2000's revenue, changed doctrine) was deemed not being faithful and possibly apostate (although my mom is doing her best to ignore this) amazing. hang in there.

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

Hi Mr. Biggs

I agaree they do not know you very well, meaning they do not know what you are feeling about the org. Thanks for the reponse so far.

I am off to work, I will check in later this evening.
    Have a good day all.

• outnfree
    outnfree

STRUGGLE,

(I noticed your name is all caps -- is your struggle huge?)

I am DA'd since March of 2001.

Some things that made me leave:

1. Discovering the WT's sleazy past
    2. Blood fractions suddenly becoming ok which weren't ok before
    3. Disbelieving that God only works in JW's lives
    4. Noting the similarity in the organization's hierarchy to the Roman Catholic church's heirarchy, while all the while the Society rails against just about anything Catholic
    5. The change in the 'generation' teaching and thus the purpose of the magazines (demonstrating that there was no special link between Jehovah and the Governing Body after all)
    6. Lack of love on the part of the local elders towards a DF'd sister and her family when she was gravely ill with a life-threatening disease
    7. Parallel to 6. above, realizing that there were SOME in the org. that I would have a very, very difficult time giving my own life for
    8. How a case of heinous child abuse was stupidly and deceitfully handled by the Society and its local representatives who, I believe, lied under oath
    9. Learning that Christ was not MY Mediator according to the Society's teachings -- something that had never sunk into my head, for some reason
    10. Always remembering Barbara and Arnold. It's an account in a book, Visions of Glory now out of print, written by an ex-Witness, Barbara Grizzuti Harrison, wherein she describes her disbelief that God would destroy Arnold -- a great friend of hers -- at Armageddon. I never, ever, believed that only JWs would survive the Big A. I read this book in my 3rd year after baptism and it took me another 9+ years of all the rest of the points above to finally extract myself from the Society.

I have no family in, just one dear friend and another lovely lady that I'd like to see liberated, so it was easier for me to leave. I never made a convert, and I'm pleased about that.

My advice to you is to "Make sure of all things." Research, research, research and trust your gut.

Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT a Christian congregation. Christian love is lacking, as you have stated you've already felt.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• SYN
    SYN

DA's myself a couple of years back...then I found this board a few months ago!

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Struggle,

I was DF'd in April 2000, and it took me until November 2000 to finally stop attending all meetings. So I understand the indecision you feel, about whether or not to come back. I thought about coming back for a few months.

Then I realized that the organization is a harsh place, and the people do not practice the love that they claim to. Then when I read Ray Franz's book Crisis of Conscience that put an end to all fantasies I had about JW's being the one true organization of God.

Have you read that book yet? It is a truthful personal account of this man from the Governing Body who saw how decisions were made by the Governing Body, adversely affecting the lives of millions of followers.

In addition, several of the points made by Outnfree in her post on this thread -- I came to realize as true.

Once you make the break, you'll find friends on the outside (and already have found them, I see) who will not judge you but will like you or love you for who you are!! The advantages to leaving and staying outside the organization are endless. Go back, and you'll be a slave again.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit