What book are they currently using for the Congregation Bible Study?

by Beth Sarim 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

the bible...........

LOL @ blondie!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

"A Guide to Understanding (insert bible book here) in Order to Justify a Totally Fucked-Up Doctrine of Ours"

• jgnat
    jgnat

As others have noted, a study of the book of Acts is coming up. This book was announced a couple years ago. I don't remember, but hubby does.

I imagine there are a few comparisons of the early church leadership and the FDS. I like the book of Acts. My pastor is doing a series on it right now. I am curious how the book handles Stephen. I imagine it minimizes the good works?

I guess if I was REALLY curious I could look it up.

Here it is...."Bearing Thorough Witness About God's Kingdom". Lessee..as expected, alternating pictures of "bible times" and current Witness activity... oooh. Lots of "Angry Jews"....page 42, Stephen. Knew it! "Did caring for the distribution of food mean that the seven men appointed were now exempt from the responsibility to preach the good news? Definitely not!...Evidently then, the men continued to be zealous Kingdom preachers."

I guess that exempts current witnesses from ministering to the poor. Classic bait and switch.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That "Acts" book the Borg released in 2009 is horrible. Between that one and "God's Love" you've got the two worst cases of lies and manipulation I've ever seen out of the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit