New Elder Book-Definition of Apostasy

by foolsparadise 24 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Since the WT religion is a progressive religion, anyone who even attempts to just stand in place with the current teachings will soon be left in the dust by the "meat in due season" that is sure to come out and be seen as falling away by the members of the KH. Just doing nothing, will eventually land a JW in apostate hell.

• Violia
    Violia

They clean house like this every so often. It is a way to officially get rid of the folks who just attend the Memorial, etc.

• Mad Sweeney
  • alias
    alias

Yay, more demonizing of good, decent, hard-working people.

Standing away,

alias

• wobble
    wobble

Someone labelled me "eccentric" yesterday, I said , "Thanks for the compliment!"

If someone labels me a Brazen Apostate I shall say the same. Eccentric Brazen Apostate is even better !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It seems to me they are getting vaguer and vaguer all the time. I see this as a control technique. Especially if they don't like you for personal reasons.

If they don't like you = DF for 'Brazen conduct'

If you want to leave or fade from the cult = DF for 'apostacy'

As the GB get harder it seems more are waking up..............or is that wishful thinking on my part?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

As the GB get harder it seems more are waking up..............or is that wishful thinking on my part?

I wish I knew the answer to that. Vagueness keeps everyone insecure and wondering if they crossed the line, so they need to ask the elders. In this way, the elders know EVERYTHING you're up to. Did you kiss your boyfriend 3 times last night? Was that BRAZEN? You don't know! You have to ask. Now the elders know you were kissing your boyfriend last night---and now they will ask you what your intentions are. Do you plan to marry? Weren't you using a chaperone? There will no longer be ANY private moments.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Well the R&F don't really know about the "brazen" thing since it's top secret. Seems more like a tool to use against those ones that elders want to target for expulsion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

moshe - "...the WT religion is a progressive religion..."

Uh...you're being sarcastic, right?

punkofnice - "If you want to leave or fade from the cult = DF for 'apostacy'"

"You wanna quit? Well, you can't; we're firing you!"

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You wanna quit? Well, you can't; we're firing you!"

OH NO YOU DON'T You can't fire me. . . I QuIT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit