abandonment.

So now even people that fall away are considered apostates? LMAO

A good way to label more innocent people

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Apostasy: Apostasy is a standing away from
    true worship, a falling away, defection, rebellion,
    abandonment.

That's the dictionary definition. It licences the Watchtower to brutally punish any who are "out of step." This was one of the first things that I started thinking about when I was on my out. The definition of Apostasy is vague and the punishment is severe: a clear imbalance.

-Sav

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is so broad a definition that they could label someone "apostate" if they used to get 60 hours a month in field circus and now they are averaging only 50. Sort of reminds me of the definition they gave a while ago for "brazen conduct".

• jay88
    jay88

The definition of Apostasy is vague and the punishment is severe: a clear imbalance.

"True Worship"= how vague is that?

• VM44
    VM44

"True worship" is defined by The Watchtower as the current set of beliefs, "Present Truth", as taught by The Watchtower!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "True Worship"= how vague is that?

That term makes my stomach churn sometimes, heh.

-Sab

• jay88
    jay88

What would we do without the Authority of the Watchtower to tell us what "True Worship" is. Gotta luv em

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

WTWizard - "This is so broad a definition that they could label someone "apostate" if they used to get 60 hours a month in field circus and now they are averaging only 50. Sort of reminds me of the definition they gave a while ago for 'brazen conduct'."

I'm sorry, let me paraphrase; this is so broad a definition that they could label anyone "apostate".

"Apostasy", "brazen conduct"; I'm telling you guys, they're prepping to thin the herd. This is just leeway to curb anybody who won't march in lockstep. That way, (like metatron speculated), the more extreme any future actions of GB2.0 are, the less potential fallout among the R&F.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I live in an apartment complex of over a hundred units dominated by Witnesses. About one out of six are disfellowshipped, the result of a 1% d'fing rate per year and very long term residency in these apartments that allow them to accumulate. Half of them are inactive.

And I thought I was the only Apostate here! It's nice to know I've got lots of company, even though those inactive JWs may not realize it themselves.

Viilabolo

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

when I was last going to meetings in 2007 I heard a comment about this, that even falling away was apostacy. I thought the commenter was simply incorrect, but after seeing this and also the insight book, I was the one who was incorrect. What a crazy ass religion I was in. wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit