Breakfast at McDonald's

by Sam Whiskey 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'm with Moshe, I too have been burned many times. I think that in my line of reasoning tho it is a sadness not over my loss but by the fact that they didn't learn and help themselves after I helped them. It can be very depressing.

I would have done the same thing in the McDonalds..but sadly I wouldn't have given them a place to live in my house..

I wish it didn't have to be like that.

Someone gave the suggestion one time to make a few little packets to keep in the car, possibly with a sandwich ( P&J) and a bottle of water..with maybe a address and phone number of a local shelter or charity that may be able to provide housing or food to give them..

I forget what else, it was a good plan I wished I had saved it.

Snoozy

• tec
    tec
    If she didn't do it for this person then imho she has missed the point of giving.

Listener, that isn't what the sentence meant; I'll bold where the emphasis should be:

SHE didn't do it for this person.

GOD did it for this person.

Changes the meaning as opposed to:

She didn't do it for THIS PERSON.

I would have done the same thing in the McDonalds..but sadly I wouldn't have given them a place to live in my house..
    I wish it didn't have to be like that.

Snoozy, it makes me sad that I wouldn't go beyond a meal or a few bucks, or something along those lines also. I also wish it wasn't like that.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit