So my dad called today...

by DanaBug 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

We had a tornado watch today. My dad called to check on us and tell us they had what he thought was a tornado near their house. The tops of some trees went missing. He called my df'd sister to check on her too. It kind of took me by surprise.

And then I wondered...would he call to see if we're okay when Armageddon starts?

FTR, I know it won't ever happen. But darn it! I'm dying to ask him that, lol!

• chase
    chase

i hope he does not loose rank for love of fellow man or family. i knew an elder who lost position for conducting his sons wedding. some people need acceptance in religion like i need southern comfort.

like george strait said "love without end".

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

like george strait said "love without end"...amen

I think it fell under "necessary family business". No, he'd never conduct my wedding, they wouldn't even be there. They weren't at my sister's wedding or at any of their grandkids births. It's funny how the love peeks through every once in a while though. I bet it hurts to suppress that all the time. Sometimes I want to be pissed off but I end up just feeling sorry for them. Maybe that's a good sign.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's nice when their authentic self comes through.

Savour these moments.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

No, he'd never conduct my wedding, they wouldn't even be there. They weren't at my sister's wedding or at any of their grandkids births.

I know of a couple of hardliners who took that position and came to sincerely regret it in their old age. If he ever becomes humble enough to regret the decisions, hopefully you will be able to accept his change of heart.

• nugget
    nugget

The good news is that time is on our side. It was good he cares although he is missing so much that is important.

• mamalove
    mamalove

At least he called. He probably was concerned, and deep down just brainwashed. That is shocking to me about the grand kids! How cruel and cold. My mom told my 7 year old this weekend that she will never, ever talk to me again unless I come back to meetings.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Thanks y'all for the comments. I hope one day something I've said or something will happen that makes them pause and really think about things. Oth, I would have thought my sister and I being df'd would have done that, but seems it just pushed them further in. In the mean time, all I can do is take what I can get while still protecting myself.

Mamalove,

I didn't think you were df'd. It's despicable to say that to a child! She couldn't have told you that? Ugh. Maybe email her that Awake about not having to lose family over religion and ask her why that doesn't apply to you. It's absurd the things they can do and say and call it love. The grandkids-- they were all born out of wedlock, which I suspect influenced their decision; could've been seen as approval, you know? Funny thing is, my sister and I have each been with the same guys for the past 6 years. It's not like either of us were sleeping around and getting knocked up by different dudes. Amazing how important that little piece of paper is to some people. But really, I don't think being married would have changed that either. I've seen some df'd friends' parents have been at their children's births. My parents take a stricter stance on it. Making Jehovah happy-- their reward will be great!

• mamalove
    mamalove

Maybe someday something will! I keep hope up too.

I am not DF'd. Although I surely could be for my views and holiday celebrations, etc.

Sigh...I am sorry for you and your sis. I am so tired of this religion and what it causes!

• Ding
    Ding

Danabug, it's clear that your dad still cares about you.

Mamalove, what a thing for your mother to tell a 7-year-old! Unfortunately, the WTS system separates so many JWs from natural affections and common sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit