If God exists.... which church does he attend?

by cyberjesus 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

So we lost our religion and its time for us to decide which religion to switch, I was sincere so I wanted to do his will as I was taught.... So many here still believe in God and Christianity. So my question for you is

What makes you think that Christianity is the true religion? Why not Judaism, or Islam? If the JW religion was wrong and you didnt know that, what makes you believe you are right with the flavor of religion you have now?

If the WT books are full of lies and you cant put faith on them.. what makes you believe your other holy books arent? Are you skeptical of your religious books as you are of the WT books?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I am constantly searching for people who make sense. Most Christians are over eager and it puts me off, but I have found some that are very level headed. Those ones don't seem to madden me at all.

I don't think it's about a church I think it's about people. Whether or not God exists or cares... making sense is always a good thing.

-Sab

• bigmac
    bigmac

thats easy---all of them

god only exists in a persons mind--so whatever church that person may feel compelled to attend, his god will be there, waiting to add to his burden.

• journey-on
    journey-on

He attends your individual temple. YOU are God's temple. Just as the architecture of a church says something about the religion it represents, YOU are an expression of the Divine working co-creatively with your Free will. So build your temple well.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

start your own, cyberjesus. I'll join.

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked for later comments

• d
    d

Me I do not follow any religion.It is all man made and corrupt.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Most people want to keep God in their little box as if they own him and because of this they will often say thier church is God's house. Jehovah's Witnesses often do this too. Problem is God apparently has no interest in attending any church if you believe the Bible is his word;

Acts 17:24,25

“The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

cyberjesus; There is an old Native American proverb that says of the white man "you people look for your God in books made of paper and ink, that waste away over time", But my people find our God in the Air, in the rain and in the enduring wind.

This is a good thread. Peace, Lilly

• wasblind
    wasblind

Lovelylil

• jgnat
    jgnat

My becoming a Christian was deeply personal; a rescue. It had nothing to do with a book and all to do with relationships. To suggest that one church "owns" the presence of God is so terribly limiting (Consider Psalm 19, Acts 17:24, Romans 10:18). I suggest that any religion you find will have it's strengths and faults. If you do choose to attend somewhere, do it for the fellowship and be kind over doctrinal differences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit