Two elders visited me today...

by NVR2L8 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

nugget - "...it looks like you are on the radar and they will either step up the encouragement or leave things be."

Maybe, I dunno.

U can't seem to shake the vibe that (what with the increasingly apparent weeding process that seems to be ramped up lately) GB2.0 might institute some kind of unwritten rule (say, in a letter that gets shredded or something) that if an inactive JW doesn't make an appearance in, like, 6 months or a year or something, they'll regard him or her as having unofficially* (and perhaps "brazenly", since that term can have pretty wide latitude) disassociating themselves.

I could be wrong.

* "Unofficial" meaning not necessarily announced from the platform; maybe just a footnote in that person's congregation file, and perhaps telling immediate JW family, but counseling them to keep it on the down-low so as to avoid congregation "disunity".

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Nugget was right - the CO's in town! My wife just left for the meeting which is usually held on Wednesday night. As she was leaving I was thinking to myself "what's so special about this week of activity when the same bullcrap is repeated over and over again. I can remember the panic of the servants body in preparation for the visit, making sure all "t's" were crossed and "i's" dotted and how everyone was on their best behavior...glad I this is all in my past.

NVR2L8

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Glad it's just the CO. You're probably good for another 6 months harrassment-free now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit