Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 02-27-11 WT Study (SING)

by blondie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

The mantra among the local BOE was that kids who go into music leave the Truth.

Don't expect the next Chopin in that kind of environment.....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It is rather disgusting that they go on and on praising the GB involvement to make members feel their love in this matter when it's really about keeping the indoctrination message current.

Your thoughts, Blondie, on JW kids not being allowed the same effort into music or other extracurricular things as David was are dead on. I love your quoting them on some kid pursuing the typical JW trade, giving up a music pursuit.

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks,Blondie

The new songs are garbage.When you listen to the singing of the new songsOUCH..It's like a teacher getting the 1st graders to sing a new song.They sound awful.

What is it with updating their bs couldn't they get it right in the 1st place.Oh,I forgot it was right until they changed it,but you have to wait for the slow pokes and dare not correct them or you get the boot.

B

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

An entire article on how we should all be thankful for those new awful songs, a dressing down for those not memorizing them, and advice on how to keep your pesky, ADD children in their seats for an entire 2-hour indoctrination meeting???

Just when you think you've seen it all from these control freaks, some article like this comes out!!! Seriously, if I were still in, articles like this one and the one last year about couples not showing affection during the meetings/prayer would seriously have me shaking my head and going - CULT - CULT ALERT!!!!! Because really, even when I was in (raised as a JW) there is no way that this type of stupid shit would be able to just flow in one ear and out the other......just no freakin' way!!! The shear "brazen" gold balls that these articles display is just incredible!!! What's next, advice on how to smack the shit out of your "disobedient" children when they have to pee during the meeting, as in how to do it in such a way that it doesn't leave those pesky bruises that "Worldly" teachers might see at school?

I've been saying this for years, and I used to kind of half kid about it....but seriously, "The beatings will continue until morale improves" seems to be the "theme" of the Governing Body when it comes to "shepharding" Christ's flock. When in doubt, "Flog the Flock!!!!"

Songs suck so bad that people barely mumble them? "Flog the Flock!!!!"

Publishers becoming apathetic and disallusioned with field service? "Flog the Flock!!!!"

Sighining and moaning over "The End" not coming yet? "Flog the Flock!!!!" (Also known as beating your fellow slaves)

Generation of 1914 99% all dead? Not the GB's fault, so fugg 'em, "Flog the Flock!!!!!" (it's their own fault after all for reading more into what was said, just like in 1975! Hey, it worked for ol' Freddy, so let's lay the blame at the sheep's feet and blame them again, suckers!!!) Flog 'em!!!

Youth leaving in droves? Time to tighten the screws and outright ban the internet and education!! "Flog the Flock!!!"

Need a blood transfusion? Hell no....we'll make it so confusing even an MIT graduate couldn't figure out the official policy, "Flog the Flock!!!"

Secret Elder's Book? What secret Elder's book? Have you been reading apostate websites again? Fugg you straying sheep, we'll DF you and your family can "flog" you from now on - Fugg ya'!!!!

Little Johhny the Bethelite was molested 5 years ago by Brother McFeely? Do you have 2 Witnesses? You don't? Well, even though you claim to have been "flogged" by Bro. McFeely, you have no evidence, so we'll flog you again, this time emotionally!!!! Flog you, pedophile victim!! Bro McFeely will be appointed Accounts Secretary next month!!

See the pattern? Blame the victims.......they can take it. Nothing is ever the GB's fault....not even the shitty songs that they themselves commanded be written and composed!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This article can be readily split into two parts. The first 10 paragraphs discuss people that spent their whole lives mastering music. One cannot really appreciate the results because there are no recordings that survive. What is in the Bible are some of the lyrics, but putting them to music is at best guesswork. What they will not disclose is that most witlesses are not allowed to practice real singing to this extent.

Now that you get the tone of the discussion about excellent music, they insert the Kingdumb maladies. This is a complete fallacy, since the quality of the Kingdumb maladies is nowhere near what the kings used to make. Regular church music gets it closer, but even that is guesswork at best. They tell the witlesses that it is their fault that they cannot get it right. Again, they will not disclose that the song on the CD is not being rendered exactly as is in the book. They did that on purpose because they do not want the witlesses to feel they are mastering anything. Rather, they write the book to sound like dying cats when sung properly, and put a different version on the CD.

Mammoth project? I wonder what the Beatles would say about that. They had a much smaller group, and had to produce multiple albums within a 3 year period (and many more in another 3 years after that). Even when the Beatles split, they produced more than 135 songs. Many of these were being produced for other artists, which is common practice in the music business. Another artist and producer that would beg to differ is Quincy Jones, who produces music for quite a few other R&B acts. These acts not only have to record and assemble the songs, but they have to promote them. They also need photographs or artwork for their albums to sell them. And they have to go on tour to promote their albums, further taking time away from producing more songs. For sure, they don't have anything like the crew the witlesses could have recruited.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The songs are just as bad as they ever were. Cold, austere crap baiting the R&F to follow men.

I recon that as the R&F murmer the tuneless 'songs', they are not really taking notice of what they sing and it filters down into a sdubliminal level. OBEY! FOLLOW THE GB.

More cult mind control tactics.

Honestly, are any of the songs REALLY worshipful of god?

Just look at the bait and switch travesty 'Ever Loyal' it ends with 'Obey the GB' in essence.

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

Just came from the meeting. Everyone sang the last song with gusto! Wonder how long that will last? Most likely, this article will be forgotten by the next meeting and everyone will be back to stumbling through the WT's musical mess.

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

OMG I'm so glad I faded! If I would have had to sit though a whole 45 study praising that piece of CRAP that the new song book it. I would have to gone to the bathroom several times to be sick. Shows they are REALLY having issues with people not liking it. That NOW they do a whole article praising it. "here you're all brainwashed anyway.. you will like it, cause we said you should like it!" lol Glad to be out of there...... Thank you Blonde!! I aways wait til you summary comes up to call home, incase they asked how the meeting was. "oh yes, I especially loved the watchtower study on the new crap...er beautiful song book" hahaha.. You're sooo appreciated Blonde!!

Lara

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

About a year before I left the organisation an elderly brother I was fond of was in a hospice and on his death bed. I went to see him before he died. we spent some time with him. Hoping to pray with him and to remind him of the kingdom hope and all that. I held his hand and as he was a keen singer thought he might like to sing song 15 'Life without end at last"

Instead, however, he let out a beautiful rendition of a gosple song where he was going to meet the Lord in heaven. He sung it beautifully and as we were so caught up with everything emotionally, we kind of joined in with the chorus. I thought at the time. why is he not calling on Jehovah right now and singing kingdom melodies.Funny really, and he was a funny man.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A little light relief for the congs , to discuss singing, I bet a little lightheartedly...

Mind you, one thing that dub meetings really lack is decent music and proper Christian singing. The songs are poor, the c/d accompanyment is soulless and often played too low...and the singing is dreadfull.. Occasionally they print articles that encourage singing up, but what training or musical education do they supply? None! Since the kids opt out of school assembly, they know nothing about breathing, the pauses or musical expertise. Note the idea in par 8 summarised as "You may not be a good singer but just do your best" What about giving some information that would help them improve?

I can dimly remember a choir at one time at our Circuit Assembly....it was soon disbanded as a distraction from the all important Ministry.

It is true that music should be seen as God's gift..It would uplift the meetings no end to have it done properly, They talk about it, provide a set of rubbish songs and leave them to get on with it..

All this about accuracy in the words, being updated ....does that really matter? Church hymns are hundreds of years old and much loved. The uplift is from the feeling and soul, not the accurate words...

The final paragrapg tells them that they can "Make Jehovah's heart glad" by their singing, so why do they not do more practical things to improve the quality of the singing?

(BTW...Thanks to Blondie for the WT thread..I miss it if it is not here. I hope it means that you are feeling better now)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit