Song- "we're Jehovah's Witnesses" in honor of this weeks WT study

by stuckinamovement 21 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

this was the last song of the Service meeting this week. The new version sounds like a death march anthem. The melody has changed and I think the words have also.

I truly used to like that song and it was one of the first song's I could sing as a kid. Now to listen to it sung it is just depressing. Only the governing body could take music and songs and take the life out of them. Did anyone else notice it during the service meeting?

The new song book is further evidence that the retards in Brooklyn are without God's spirit, and also deaf. Praise Jehovah for such horrible music!

SIAM

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I used to love the Kingdom songs...in the end they were the only parts of the meetings I enjoyed at all...now they've ruined them too....what happened to 'the joy of Jehovah is your stronghold' ???

I think the GB eradicated it...what a good move.

Loz x

• pontoon
    pontoon

I didn't even click on this theme at first, but now that song is going round and round in my head and I just can't get it out. I hate it when that happens.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I wish you were close enough for me to spank you for putting that song into my head. AAARRRRRGH!

• flipper
    flipper

Here's my version of the JW song " We're Jehovah's Witnesses " . Maybe with THESE lyrics it makes it more palatable !

We're Jehovah's Witnesses , we speak out in mindlessness

Ours is the God of false prophecy

What he foretells never comes to be

Other Gods they always know

Mind control cults always step on toes

Keep witnessing our cult near and far

By controlling their minds put in a jar !

We're Jehovahs Witnesses , we speak out in mindlessness

Ours is the God of false prophecy - what he foretells we can't see.

Hoped you enjoyed the satire. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• elderelite
    elderelite

tune and lyrics are mostly the same... only the second vs was changed, but it was change completly. nothing remained. That song used to cause me to feel national pride in being a jw. i imagined it being sung after the big "A" in victory...... silly silly elderelite...

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

there were many songs i loved to sing most of witch were removed and any that are left they changed the words or music. Now i dont wanna the new songbook sucks

• inbetween
    inbetween

I used to actually like this song too, but its true, it is completely lifeless now...

• Mary
    Mary
    The new version sounds like a death march anthem. The melody has changed and I think the words have also. I truly used to like that song and it was one of the first song's I could sing as a kid. Now to listen to it sung it is just depressing

I notice when I went to the Memorial last year that they changed the lyrics to the song they always sing. The one that goes "Jehovah our father in heaven; oh this is a most holeeee niiiiight. Twas Nissan 14 when your glory was seen.......something, something, something something...."

Anyway, the new version is absolutely horrible. It used to at least have a nice tone to it but now it sounds like---as you said---a freaking death march. I'm not sure why they'd go to all the trouble to change the notes but they did just as shitty as job on that as what they do with bible prophecy.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

tune and lyrics are mostly the same... only the second vs was changed

That's right. Might be written in different key (too lazy to look for old book).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit