Circuit Overseers - Good or Bad ones?

by punkofnice 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Over the years I met many CO's and substitute CO's.

To be honest I usually found them to be arrogant power-trippers and bullies.

I can count on my hand the good ones. Bear in mind I saw who they really were in the tiresome elder's meetings!

I would name names but don't think that's in line with forum rules............

What has been your experience?

• wobble
    wobble

We have named names many times on here, i don't know if we shouldn't do it, certainly to name the ones you considered "good" will not be deemed wrong.

What do you mean by good ? just in the sense of not being an arrogant power tripping bully ?

I was in for 58 years, and spent many of those as an appointed man, I only ever felt that one C.O was a bit Christlike, I saw him, many times, put himself out to help fringers who were considered no-hopers by many of the Elders, and this he did in his own time. I think he was a rarity, probably unique.

The last C.O I had contact with did not have a clue who I was, despite visiting the Congo for nearly three years at that point, because I was inactive, O.K he probably saw my name on an old card when he first visited, and asked why I resigned, but at the end of his tenure he did not know me (thank gawd) says it all really doesn't it ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@WOBBLE = What do you mean by good ? just in the sense of not being an arrogant power tripping bully ?

Sorry, I'm not clear am I...yes, by 'good', I mean 'Christian' and loving..not a power tripper.

In the UK I got on well with Don Garrod and Justin................(oh, what's his surname??), and that's about it!

The ones I didn't like would be too long to list.

Why are these guys so arrogant? Do they know it isn't 'the truth' but enjoy the power?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Circuit Overseers........... for the most part all are !

They all answer to Mother (hate that expression-sounds like 'Mary' worship).

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Wobble; surely all the years you've been around you can reel off a list of the good'ns and bad'ns the worst one I ever knew was a jumped up small man called Micheal Purbrick(dare not call him Mike) who made some comments about my wife at the time could have found herself someone more spiritual! Mike Hodgson wasn't far behind,Kendall and Andrews were the last ones I could remember both company men who didn't bother me,Alan Stokes was a great speaker I believe he is still alive on the Circuit work must be 80 odd, Danny Owens was the kindest CO I ever met, Dennis Ashby was class but came off years and years ago. A former elder in my cong is on the Circuit I believe and who chaired my JC Jeff Woodfield generally decent man, gave the funeral talk for my father in 2005.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Anyone know - Richard Cullen, Ray Shah or Charldon Johnson to mention ones I can even be bothered to remember...............

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

knew of Cullen Punk

• cantleave
    cantleave

I knew Richard Cullen very well.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@jookbeard = knew of Cullen Punk

You poor chap! He was one I didn't get on with.

Kendall seemed OK. Suffered with his belly if I remember rightly.

Gary Elson was an old drinking buddy of mine.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Kendall was OK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit