two "sisters" on my flight

by dogisgod 13 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I was on a flight working the beverage cart when I spied with my little eyes two women reading WT material. I served them and said they looked like Jehovah's Witnesses. They smiled and asked if I was a Witness and I said nooooooooo. I used to be but haven't been for years. They asked me if I had a bad experience and I said, "Yes, for about 36 years". Silence. Then they asked was there a specific issue I had trouble with. I said the list is too long to be really discussed at that time but I would name the top two as "sisters" treated as second class citizens when Jesus never gave that example. Secondly, those guys in New York claiming to be "the Governing Body" when they have no background to be in a position of "government" and judgement over even the most small detail of your life like clothing, makeup, sex etc. I can't believe the "brothers and sisters' never question anything about these men or where all the money is.

They had nothing to say and when they deplained they literally averted their faces from me as I said thank you for being here and I hope to see you again..... in a truely nice way. My first time of being literally "shunned".

I was a little surprised at their simple rudeness but not bothered. The other f/a saw the whole thing and asked about it and she was pretty disgusted.

Poor gals. I'm glad not to be like them anymore.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Well done, its always fun to stick it to them, especially when they ask!

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Ha! Love it! Can't exactly run the other way on a plane and sticking fingers in the ears would look a bit odd. Hopefully that's something they'll remember.

• White Dove
    White Dove

What Mr. Freeze said, and you got to give an anti-witness, too!

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Well done, its always fun to stick it to them, especially when they ask!

Nothing wrong with polking fun at their stupidity. I remember one time a witness (a very selfrightious arrogant one) my wife and I knew said hello to my wife while ignoring me because he knew I had left the JWs. I said: "WHAT AM I INVISIBLE?" he was embarased and my wife gave me a dirtly look. I was laughing at the guy while at the same time thinking if says anything I'll let him have it. I was thinking what kind of arrogant bastard would think it was ok to come to someones house and ignore them. I was ready to tell him if he couldn't show common courtesy get his f'ing arrogant ass off of my property. Fortunately he just left without sayig anything. My wife was pretty upset with me over the incident.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Our company has a Hub in New Jersey and I see Bethel members in first class from time to time. At least those higher up on the totem pole. I believe the WT has a 'corporate' contract with our airline. I can't say that for sure,but I've seen many people in and out of Bethel coming out of that airport.

Alot of Bethelites know witnesses who work for the company and get passes from them. I helped at least 4-5 bethelites with tickets in the past. I'll never again do i tagain ,as each one's family could more than afford a plane ticket.

I say nothing to them when I see them onboard though.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

you done very well there in a really short space of time,both barrels!

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Well done dogisgod, made me laugh.

I would of loved to have been sitting just in front of them listening to you explain your story to them. Who knows, you might of started the process of one or both of them eventually leaving the cult.

3Mozzies

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Hopefully your discussion planted some seeds and warned off any passengers sitting around them who may have listened to them "witnessing."

In the meantime, though, you also gave the two "sisters" a nice experience to share with "the friends" about how they were "persecuted" recently on a flight.

It's a win-win.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It just came to me the movie "Airplane," so many funnies in that,,but the one passenger started going on about some experiences in past, on and on, and then finally the listening passenger hangs them self on the spot. Sick humor, but it was funny. I loved your response of your bad experience "for 36 years." Choice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit