Do not let work get in the way of pioneering

by life is to short 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

As you can see in the KM above^^^^, they don't mention the daughter

goin' to college. This opressive religion will have you dumb down and takin'

handouts if you allow it, It's absolutley crazy for folks not to want to do better

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I believe in hard work. My mom was criticized for working. She did not work so we could go on vacation. We never saw the Jersey shore living in NJ. She worked to put food on the table and a roof over our head. My perception may be flawed b/c we attended an inner-city KH. Many members said they were too disabled to work. I'm not talking parapalegics or senior citizens. Able, young people pioneered and screwed the social safety network for all Americans. If you can put so many hours in field service, you can work.

I preferred working to field service. Allowing these lazy bums to pioneer through disability benefits is government subsidization of religion in violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. Field service was sheer hell. I was surrounded by welfare recipients while my precious mother workekd nights since we could not afford a baby sitter. My dad worked days. He came home and rested. My mom worked all day at home then worked a full shift at night in a factory. My JW father would not pick her up with the car she purchased through her earnings. Rather, she was forced to wait for a bus around 1 am in a very dangerous neighborhood in a major urban city.

I know from personal experience about men slowing down when you are alone to make you nervous about rape. She faced that. They went door to door and were praised.

The article is chilling because quantity is more important than a virtuous life. Numbers, numbers, numbers. I don't understand how they make money but as Deep Throat said, "Follow the Money." Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult. Cult.

• bobld
    bobld

Good post LITS

By the comments in the WT, the GB must be reading this site because they see the R&F don't want or try to have Bible studies or convert people.They learned well and the people don't listen to them anymore.

B

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hi Wasblind!

Yep, its no joke, I did like field service and I was good at it too. I enjoyed debating with people and trying to get them to open up, still do. The fact that the subject matter I was debating was a complete lie was lost on me at the time. Once I found out I was talking bol***ks field service kinda lost its appeal after that!

In my case, ignorance was bliss.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Franklin Massey

You so right in what you said and also on the way out.

I was stupid and a true believer. I thought everyone would pitch in and do what they could to serve Jehovah.

I never took from anyone when I was pioneering. We could have gotten food stamps and NO WAY would I do that. I felt that if I wanted to pioneer no one was making me and I would support myself or I would stop pioneering.

I was just blown away by how many pioneers felt so totally different. They would take from the welfare system, and anyone else in the hall. I do not know why but I was hit up by so many free loaders and my husband being an elder it was like he had a sign on him saying we are loaded we have money to give cars to use. We had so many freeloaders it was sick.

I was like I work so can you why should I haul you around all day using my gas and my money for you to do home and veg out while I go to work because you have PMS?

These same people were always putting me down at how I talked at the door. I was really your using my car my money and telling me I suck at the door to door work. I love you too.

Sometimes I really hate this religion.

LITS

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LIFE IS TOO SHORT:

You sound like a very responsible person and somebody with a conscience. Unfortunately, you were in the minority in that religion as far as I am concerned. Don't beat yourself up over being a 'true believer', I thought I was a true believer too except I had different limits of what I would tolerate. I saw the mooching you describe but I certainly wasn't paying for anybody's 'everlasting life'. I am a single woman who works for a living and I had no intention of supporting any wanna-be clergymen, deadbeat freeloader USERS. Christ! I cannot stand these people.

The only people who have any business being on the pioneer list are those who can support themselves (with the exception of children living under their parents' roof). Nobody has any business targeting anybody else in the hall for handouts, gifts, etc. Case closed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit