Do not let work get in the way of pioneering

by life is to short 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• life is to short
    life is to short

The April 15 th WT is strange and it just throws things in here and there that are kind of out of sort. I think it sticks in your mind more like hey I probably should pioneer when they throw things in that are kind of in left feild.

Like this example on pages 16 and 17 it is talking about making decisions and in paragraph 15 it says "For example a congregation publisher might decide to pioneer. Will he succeed? He likely will if he does not allow excessive secular work and recreation to sap his strength and rob him of the time he needs to take care of his ministry.

On page 10 of the WT paragraph 7 and 8 talks about "Our field ministry is a source of joy." Then how we have to give it serious thought and advance preparation in order to maintain the joy. In par 8 it says about us having a Bible study with someone that "perhaps we feel that conducting a regular Bible study is too much of a burden for us to take on. Granted, it usually calls for taking time from our personal pursuits and devoting that time to helping other, but is that not in the spirit of Jesus' words that "there is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving"?

OK so if no one is truly working or barley working who is going to pay for the gas to drive all these pioneers around in field service and to their Bible studies? It is so frustrating to me because when I was first married pioneering with my elder husband we had nine other pioneers in the hall. It was all country territory and driving for hours and hours on end. Four of the pioneers did not work. Two were house wives, who would go home after service to quote 'veg out and watch TV', other had date nights with their husbands. None gave us a dime for gas but spent tons of money on junk food while in service. While the ones who were vegging out at home I was working, and working, and working to support the lot of us.

I was so burned out and upset but my husband said Jehovah saw my sacrifice over theirs and how much more I was giving to Him, so He would reword me more in the new system which I am still waiting for.

LITS

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

glad you woke up!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LIFEISTOOSHORT:

I feel for what you went through when you said you were first married and pioneering with your elder husband. You got stuck as a chauffeur for all these pioneers who never gave you a dime for gas money. It sounds particularly bad because you say it was country territory which means you drove more than if it were an urban or suburban area.

As far as what your husband said about how "Jehovah supposedly saw your 'sacrifice' and how you would be 'rewarded' in the 'new system': what garbage! This was supposed to make you shut up and tolerate being an unpaid chauffeur.

What you describe explains why, in the years before I left the religion, I was determined to either work alone or with a trusted friend. I had absolutely no intention of being the only ride for those pioneers who don't want to work for a living. These idiots were happy when everybody clapped (not me) when their names were announced as being on the pioneer list.

Well, let the people who clapped for these pioneers be giving them rides.

• boyzone
    boyzone

I liked field service. Was I the only one?

• chase
    chase

BS. pioneering is a great excuse for running away from reality. so am i going to hell for having a job?and if sevice is such a joy, why do es my family come home grumpy and complaining that they are tired. oh and this cracked me up, when i pointed out that field service is considerd "personal time" i was reminded that it was jebobos time. i got slammed when i asked why god didn't come in for a few hours to cover the shift. by the way do you earn brownie points for the mor time you spend in service, the louder you sing, the closer you sit to the front, etc?

thanks for bringing up this subject, it had been in my mind.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I just love it when LITS post

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks LongHairGal

I do not go the meetings anymore and we live in the city now. But my husband still goes out and takes our car. I am so mad and hurt now, that I have forbidden him to take some of the members in our car.

There was this one family who moved in right before I stopped going with three kids. The oldest are in their early 20's. Only the father works the kids WILL not even truly try to get work. All they want to do in go out in service and get prise from the hall. Who supports them? I went with the girl once in service and she is just strange. I asked her about working and she was like I need to pioneer. I pointed out pioneering takes money and she looked blank at me The frist meeting they were at the mom came up to me and said Hi I am sister broke and I have no money. I kid you not. I was an elder wife still at the time and I just wanted to cry. Sure enough the other elders put them in my husbands service group.

This religion has so many free loaders in it, it makes me sick.

Who is supposed to pay for all of this. Gas just does not come into your gas tank from the air. If they do not want us to work then what?

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks wasblind

LITS

• wasblind
    wasblind

boyzone said: " I liked field service, Was I the only one ? "

I hope you were jokin' boyzone

Anybody recongnize the Elder on the horse ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

LITS i'm sendin' you a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit